Hi everyone. I am back. A very happy new year to all my wonderful friends and readers. Hope this year brings all the joy in your lives. I have bookmarked this pasta recipe from Annie’s eats for a very long time and it looked like the perfect one for this beautiful sunny day.
Pasta came out wonderful. It had the perfect blend of smoky red peppers and basil. If you are a vegetarian , just opt out of the chicken and you can add green peas and carrots to add the crunch.
Recipe to make Roasted Red Pepper and Basil Pesto Penne Pasta
- Cut Red peppers into half and remove the seeds
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and a teaspoon of olive oil and roast in the oven for 20-30 minutes at 450 degrees
- Immediately transfer the peppers in a zip lock bag and close the bag
- It will help to remove the skin of the peppers easily
- When the peppers have come to the room temperature, remove the skin gently
- Cut chicken breast into small pieces and sprinkle with salt, pepper and roast for 20-30 minutes at 450 degrees
- Blend garlic and walnuts in a blender to a powder
- Add bell peppers,Parmesan, salt, pepper and basil
- Pulse until well combined
- Add olive oil and mix again
- Cook pasta according to manufactures instruction
- Add basil pesto, chicken and heavy cream to the pasta
- Heat until warmed