I decide to make muffins and tried to experiment with coffee. This time, apart from coffee, I decided to add chocolate to my muffins.
Coffee and Chocolate Muffins With Coffee Glaze is easy to make, for evening tea or an in-between snack. These muffins are perfect for coffee addicts, since the taste of cocoa and chocolate is really difficult to resist. I had tried making a Coffee and Walnut Bundt Cake sometime back, and everyone loved it.
The muffins came out very soft and moist. The trick is to not over mix the wet and dry ingredients. Just give the mix a quick and swift stir, and your muffins will be very soft. Do try making this too.
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees C
- Grease a muffin tray
- In a bowl, whisk together all purpose flour,baking soda, baking powder,cocoa powder and salt
- In another bowl, beat the egg with sugar
- Add vanilla extract and oil
- Mix well
- Add coffee and yogurt
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix
- Do not over mix at this stage
- Fill the muffin tray with batter
- Insert a chocolate piece in the center of the muffin
- Bake for 15-20 minutes
- Cool the muffins in the tray for 5 minutes
- Take out from the tray and cool on the wire rack
- Coffee glaze
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl
- Keep aside
- Brush on the muffins while they are hot