Chocolate Whiskey Bundt Cake… To be very frank, me and Mohit are not big fans of chocolate. May be I would not have made this cake if it was for us. But a lot of my readers asked me for more chocolate dessert recipes as It’s the most liked flavor for dessert hands down. What if ,we don’t like it? But I am glad I made the cake. It was deliciously rich and dense and the bitterness from whiskey was the key feature. I realized, it tasted much better the next day. The cake keeps well for 4-5 days in the fridge. So here is the recipe to make Chocolate Whiskey Bundt Cake.
All you need is
- Unsweetened cocoa powder – 1 cup plus 3 tbsp
- Brewed coffee – 1 and 1/2 cup
- Whiskey – 1/2 cup
- Unsalted butter – 1 cup
- Sugar – 2 cups
- All purpose flour – 2 cups
- Baking soda – 1 and 1/4 tsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Eggs – 2
- Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
Recipe to make Chocolate Whiskey Bundt Cake
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degree c.
- Grease a 11 cup bundt pan and dust with 3 tbsp cocoa powder.
- In a large pan, heat coffee, whiskey and butter and whisk till butter is melted.
- Remove from heat and add sugar.
- Whisk till sugar is dissolved.
- Keep aside.
- Whisk all purpose flour, remaining cocoa powder, salt and baking soda in another bowl.
- Whisk eggs and vanilla extract in another bowl.
- When the mixture is cooled, add egg and whisk well.
- Add the flour and whisk until just combined.
- The mixture will be bubbly.
- Pour the mixture in the prepared pan and bake for 50-60 minutes, till a knife comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the pan and cool on a wire rack.
- This cake tastes best, when kept for a day.
- Cover the cake with a cling film and leave on the counter overnight.
- Can be refrigerated for 4-5 days.