Before I could enjoy all the goodness that summers offered us, fall is already knocking on the door. Now I see apples, pears, pumpkins and squashes everywhere (and I love it). It has started to get a little cold in the evening and the days are getting shorter each day.
- Heat olive oil in a large heavy bottom pan
- Add garlic and fry till light brown in color
- Add onions and pepper and fry for a minute
- Add carrots, peas, lentils, tomato puree, salt, red chili powder and turmeric powder
- Add 6 cups of water and cover and cook till lentils are soft and tender
- Add coconut milk and lemon juice
- Serve hot with some bread