Lemon and Rosemary Granita… The days have started to become cold and there is a slight nip in the air. This is my favorite time of the year with lots of festivities coming their way and their is something very special in the air. It makes my heart sing and dance to it’s tune. Just the thought of cuddling in a blanket and sipping a hot cocoa is enough for me to wait for the season throughout the year. The only negative is that I miss eating the frozen treats which are my favorite and I can literally survive on them. So before it’s time to bid good bye to the frozen treats and switch to bowls of warm soups, I decided to make a delicious lemon and rosemary Granita to treat myself. Not too high on calories, it is the perfect way to bid adieu to summers and welcome the winters with open arm. Here is the recipe.
Recipe to make Lemon and Rosemary Granita
- Water - 3 cups
- Sugar - ½ cup
- Lemon juice - ½ cup
- Rosemary sprigs - 3-4
- Salt - ¼ tsp
- Heat water and sugar in a pan.
- Once it comes to a rolling boil, simmer the heat and add rosemary sprigs.
- Let the mixture simmer on low heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Strain the mixture.
- Add lemon juice and salt.
- Transfer the mixture in a glass tray and freeze for 1 hour.
- Remove from the freezer and with the help of a fork, scrape any ice crystals that have formed.
- Repeat the process 3-4 times.
- Don't let the Granita become too hard before scraping, otherwise it will have big lumps of ice.
- To make it light and fluffy, scrape just before it has completely set.