All of us have heard of pickled chillies or pickled tomatoes, but pickled onions, not so much!
Pickled onions are very commonly enjoyed in India. In India, they are called Sirke Vali Pyaz and makes for a great accompaniment to any Indian meal. Crunchy, tangy onions dipped in vinegar and salt for a day or two takes the meal to a next level.
Restaurants often serve this on the side, but now you don’t have to wait to go to your favorite restaurant to enjoy these. They are very easy to make at home and give that same result.
- Take a glass jar.
- Add pearl onions in the jar.
- Top with vinegar, water, salt and sugar.
- Cover the jar and keep it in the refrigerator.
- Use the onions after 24 hours.
- It can be stored for up to 10 days in refrigerator.
- The vinegar mixture can be used again to pickle the onions.
- Just add more onions after the previous ones are finished.