I am trying really hard to make a balance between all these and hopefully you will see more of me and my recipes here in the future.
Coming back to today’s post, I made this deliciously moist and soft chocolate chip pound cake yesterday. The recipe is same as that of my regular Pound cake but the addition of chopped chocolate chips gave it a new dimension.The cake is really buttery and quite addictive and a drizzle of chocolate ganache on top only added to the awesomeness. I usually keep a slice of the cakes I bake for myself and send the remaining to my husband’s office, but this one looks like an exception. I am having guests tomorrow morning and this will be a perfect start to the day with a cup of coffee. Soft and buttery crumbs with a chocolaty burst in every bite, this cake will make you fall in love with it. Here is the recipe.
All you need is
- All purpose flour – 215 g
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Unsalted butter – 225 g ( room temperature )
- Granulated sugar – 200 g
- Eggs – 3 ( room temperature )
- Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
- Chocolate chips – 1/2 cup
Chocolate Chip Pound Cake Recipe
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degree C.
- Grease and line a loaf pan.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt and keep aside.
- Whisk butter and sugar in a bowl till light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time and mix well after each addition.
- Add vanilla extract and mix well.
- Add flour mixture and gently fold until combined.
- Fold the chocolate chips.
- Transfer the batter in the prepared pan.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes until a tooth pick comes out clean.
- Cover the top of the cake with an Aluminium foil at around 30 minutes if it starts to brown fast from the top.
- Remove the pan from the oven.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 5 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the pan and cool on a wire rack.
- Drizzle chocolate ganache on top if you wish.
- Cut into slices and serve.