Thai Basil Chicken is a refreshing dish of Thai cuisine that we literally fell in love with right from its first bite. Thai cuisine is a favourite in our house and many a times, Friday night dinner is Thai for us. Thai recipes are generally quick and easy to make and are full of flavours and texture. This Thai Basil Chicken is a lovely recipe with bold flavours from the sauces and the Thai Basil. It can be paired with either steamed Jasmine Rice or Noodles. Also, Thai Basil Chicken happens to be on my party menu whenever I throw one for my BFFs. My entire squad is a big fan of this dish and rightfully so!
Going by all the foodie records, I am telling you, you are going to become a big time of this as well. So, while we are at it, it makes sense that you quickly note down the recipe for Thai Basil Chicken, right? Go ahead and plan this lip-smacking dish pretty soon!
Recipe to make Thai Basil Chicken
- Vegetable oil - 2 tbsp
- Garlic - 2 tsp ( Chopped )
- Ginger - 2 tsp ( Chopped )
- Onion - 1 cup ( Cut into cubes )
- Green chili - 2-3 ( Slit into halves )
- Chicken mince - 300 g
- Red bell pepper - 1 cup ( Sliced )
- Fish sauce - 2 tsp
- Dark soy sauce - 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper powder - ½ tsp
- Cornflour - 2 tbsp
- Water - 1 cup
- Thai basil - ½ cup ( torn into small pieces )
- Heat oil in a wok.
- Once the oil is hot, add garlic and ginger and fry for a few seconds.
- Add onion and green chili and fry for a minute.
- Add chicken mince and red bell pepper and cook till chicken is almost done.
- Add fish sauce, dark say sauce, salt and pepper and cook for a minute.
- Mix cornflour in water to make a lump free mixture and add it in the wok.
- Cook till sauce thickens.
- Switch off the heat and add the Thai basil in the wok.
- Mix well.
- Serve hot with jasmine rice or noodles.