Step By Step Recipe to make Baked Pumpkin Doughnut
My kid loves eating Doughnuts. Though there are many shops in Bangalore that offer umpteen variety of Doughnuts, my sunny boy likes the way I make them for him. I nicely glaze them with chocolate sauce, garnish them with colourful sweet balls or chocolate shavings which make this snack very presentable and tempting for kids. He eats them for supper and even carries some them for his school friends. But as always, how could I give up on trying to make doughnuts healthier? A bit of research educated me about the fact that the flavours of Pumpkin go beautifully with that of Doughnut. And, therefore, I thought of making Baked Pumpkin Spice Doughnut. Going by the name, Baked Pumpkin Spice Doughnut has that quintessential spicy-pumpkinish taste that elevates this snack by large.
Baked Pumpkin Spice Doughnut is a sheer treat for people like me who really love eating using pumpkin for making snacks as well as main course dishes. I actually do not like eating Doughnuts much but a bite of Baked Pumpkin Spice Doughnut was enough to make me rethink my choice, ha! Fluffy, glazed with the charismatic flavours of pumpkin, Baked Pumpkin Spice Doughnut is a convenient snack to be served to guests during parties as well or even during Halloween. Do note down its recipe in your food diary, try it out and revert with your comments!
Baked Pumpkin Spice Doughnut
Recipe to make Pumpkin Puree is here.
- All purpose flour - 2 cups
- Baking powder - 1 and ½ tsp
- Baking soda - ½ tsp
- Salt - ¼ tsp
- Pumpkin pie spice mix - 2 tsp ( To buy our special Pumpkin Pie Spice Mix mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org )
- Brown sugar - 1 and ½ cup ( Packed )
- Olive oil - ¾ cup
- Eggs -3
- Pumpkin puree - 1 and ½ cup
- Vanilla extract - 1 tsp
- Castor sugar - ½ cup
- Cinnamon powder - 1 tsp
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Grease a doughnut pan.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, pumpkin spice mix and brown sugar in a bowl.
- Mix olive oil, eggs, pumpkin puree and vanilla extract in another bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients.
- Spoon the batter into doughnut wells until they are ¾th full.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove the doughnuts from the wells and cool slightly.
- Mix castor sugar and cinnamon powder in a bowl.
- Toss the doughnuts into this mixture so that are coated with it.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.