You are a fan of Chaat, if Khatta Pani Puri Ka Paani perks you up, nibbling on Dahi Puri or Bhel Puri makes you the happiest! Being a Chaat-phile myself, at least once in a month, I feel like treating myself, my loved ones with some lip-smacking Chaat. As I store Khajoor Imli ki Chutney in the freezer, it comes handy, and I can prepare Chaat within minutes by mixing up the chutneys with other ingredients. But, what to do when you are fasting? It gets little difficult to resist that urge to relish something savory, right? Going by experience, that desire to eat something new totally elevates during the vrats! Just to figure a way out of this conundrum, I have ideated this recipe of Farali Aloo Chaat.
Farali Aloo Chaat is assembled by frying potato dices till they turn crisp and they are tossed with toothsome spices. Made with a superb balance of crispiness and as well as tenderness, Farali Aloo Chaat lightens up your mood during the vrats and rejuvenates you to continue the same with added zeal. Moreover, the dash of lemon juice, fresh coriander turn Farali Aloo Chaat into a tempting treat that both kids and adults would gobble down in one go. I have fried potatoes in ghee but if you want then you may even use oil for doing the same. You are fasting or not, Farali Aloo Chaat must be tried if you are a foodie at heart! Here’s how to make Farali Aloo Chaat:
Farali Aloo Chaat
- Potato - 300 g ( Peeled and cubed )
- Ghee - 3 tbsp
- Roasted cumin powder - 1 tsp
- Amchoor powder - 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Lemon juice - 1 tbsp
- Fresh coriander - 2 tbsp ( Chopped )
- Wash the potato.
- Peel them and cut into small cubes.
- Heat ghee in a pan.
- Once the ghee is hot, add potatoes and fry until they are slightly browned.
- Keep stirring in between.
- Mix cumin powder, amchoor powder, chilli powder and salt in a bowl.
- Add this spice mixture over the fried potatoes and mix gently.
- Squeeze lemon juice on top and sprinkle fresh coriander.
- Serve hot.