Soup just like salads is very healthy. When you consume soup, you do not only feel wholesome but you even feel less hungry. That’s why whenever people wish to lose weight, their diet plans recommend that they should savour soups for their meals. According to me, one of the best things about soup is that even in its one bowl, so much nutrition is loaded! Hence, for dinner, at least twice or thrice a week, I try to experiment and make delicious soups. Garlicky Potato and Spring Onion Soup, Barley and Vegetable Soup, Thai Pumpkin Noodle Soup and Tomato Basil Soup are my family’s all time favourites. But, my son is a huge fan of Indo-Chinese dishes. So, whenever I make Chinese Vegetable Hakka Noodles, I make sure that he finishes at least one bowl of Vegetable Hot and Sour Soup as well. Mostly, Vegetable Hot and Sour Soup is relished only when one goes to restaurants, but as you know me, I try to make even the most challenging dishes at home.
Vegetable Hot and Sour Soup as its name speaks for itself is a filling soup which has imbibed both the spicy as well as tangy flavours. Ideal to be relished during winter as well as monsoon, Vegetable Hot and Sour Soup definitely leaves you wanting for more! As it is loaded with tons of fresh veggies such as carrot, capsicum, mushroom, vegetable stock et al, it is so good that you must definitely serve its bowlful to your kids whenever possible. To give it the required thickness, I have used corn starch and all its sizzling flavour came right away by adding Dark Soy Sauce, Red Chilli Sauce, Black Pepper, and Rice Wine Vinegar. So, till the rains are ON, make sure to savour piping hot Vegetable Hot and Sour Soup and revive your happiness! Learn to make this soup using my recipe:
Vegetable Hot and Sour Soup
Vegetable Hot and Sour Soup
- Sesame oil - 2 tbsp
- Onion - 2 tbsp ( Finely chopped )
- Ginger - 1 tsp ( Finely chopped )
- Garlic - 1 tsp ( Finely chopped )
- Corn Kernels - 2 tbsp
- Carrot - 2 tbsp ( Finely chopped )
- Beet root - 2 tbsp ( Finely chopped )
- Capsicum - 2 tbsp ( Finely chopped )
- Mushroom - 2 tbsp ( Chopped )
- Vegetable stock - 2 cups
- Dark soy sauce - 2 tbsp
- Rice wine vinegar - 2 tsp
- Red chilli sauce - 1 tbsp
- Cornstarch - 1 and ½ tbsp ( Dissolved in some water )
- Black pepper powder - ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Spring onion greens for garnishing
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Once the oil is hot, add onion, ginger and garlic and fry for a minute.
- Add Corn, carrot, beet, capsicum and mushroom and cook for another minute on high flame.
- Add vegetable stock and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and add soy sauce, red chilli sauce and rice wine vinegar.
- Add cornstarch with water along with black pepper powder and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Cook until it thicken.
- Add salt to taste.
- Garnish with spring onion greens.
- Serve piping hot.