One of the best things that happened to me during my stay abroad is the fact that I got a chance to relish umpteen cuisines. But, the most mesmerizing experiences for me was to eat Pizza of umpteen types. While in India, we used to get ready made bases/breads for Pizza from our near by bakery, the tradition in abroad by and large suggested to bake one’s own bread for Pizza from scratch. So, right from the sauces, bread, toppings, everything is assorted at home, resulting in that perfect “pie” of pizza which makes you feel all rejoiced the minute you indulge yourselves with it! Naturally, the culture there rubbed off on me as well, hence, I have started making Best Pizza Dough whenever I crave for a fresh, piping hot Pizza after coming to Bangalore!
Only after using this recipe of Best Pizza Dough, did I realize that I am never getting a readymade pizza bread anytime in my life. Super simple to make, Best Pizza Dough allows you to make the freshest, yummiest and filling pizza bread for all your sudden cravings!
Easily made using whole wheat flour, yeast, all purpose flour and basic ingredients, Best Pizza Dough takes no time get made.
Already craving for a cheesilicious slice of Pizza? Well, note down the recipe of Best Pizza Dough and even Best Ever Pizza Sauce and get ready to make your favourite Pizza today!
Best Pizza Dough
Best Pizza Dough
- Take warm water in a bowl.
- Sprinkle sugar and yeast on top.
- Mix gently.
- Keep aside for 5 minutes, till bubbles are formed.
- Add the room temperature water and olive oil to it.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, add Whole wheat flour, all purpose flour and salt.
- Add the yeast water to it and with a dough hook, knead for 6-7 minutes ( if you don't have a stand mixer, knead the dough with your hands and keep kneading it with the heels of your hands for 10-12 minutes, till the dough is soft and elastic )
- Lightly oil a large bowl and transfer the dough to the bowl.
- Cover the bowl with a cling wrap and keep aside for 2 hours, until the dough doubles in size.
- After the dough has doubled, take it out on a lightly floured surface.
- Punch it down and divide into 2 parts ( If you want to freeze the dough for later use, this is the time. Wrap in a cling wrap and then slide each round in a zip lock bag. Do not freeze the dough only wrapped with a cling wrap, as the dough with continue to rise even in the freezer and will come out of the cling wrap. To use the freezed dough, transfer it to the refrigerator 12 hours before you want to use it. When the dough has thawed in the refrigerator, place it on the kitchen counter for at least 30 minutes or until it is at room temperature )
- If you are using the dough immediately, make rounds of the dough and cover again with a cling wrap and let it rest for 10-15 minutes and no more than 30 minutes ( If you are using the dough immediately, start the mixing process just 2 and ½ hours before you want to bake it )
Did you make this recipe?
If yes, do let us know how it turned out in the comments below.
Do share a picture with us on email@example.com or share on instagram with hashtag #CookedFromWhiskaffair and tag us @Whiskaffair