Achari Palak Moong Dal is a very healthy, nutritious and protein-rich lentil curry with a unique flavour that goes well with rice or rotis. Here is how to make this finger-licking Dal Palak for serving with steamed rice.
Moong Dal and Chopped Spinach leaves is a wonderful combination, and surprisingly so, considering both have very different tastes. However, when cooked together they make for a very healthy, nutritious and protein-rich gravy.
Although I make moong dal very often at home, this time, for a change tried to make this Achari Palak Moong Dal combo. It goes well with any rice and sabzi and can be enjoyed with rotis and lacchas too.
I have used our homemade Achari Masala to make this Dal. I always make a big batch of this masala and refrigerate and keep using it in various dishes. So, I also recommend that you do the same. Because, you may also use it to make Paneer Tikka, Pickled Potatoes or even Veg Pulao.
Achari Palak Moong Dal Recipe
Recipe for Achari Masala
Achari Palak Moong Dal
Achari Palak Moong Dal is a very healthy, nutritious and protein rich lentil curry with a unique flavour that goes well with rice or rotis.
- 1 cup Yellow Moong Dal
- 2 cups Palak Chopped
- 2 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup Onion Chopped
- 1 tsp Ginger Grated
- 5-6 cloves Garlic Crushed
- 1/2 cup Tomato Chopped
- 2-3 Green chilli Slit into half
- 3 tbsp Achari masala
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1 tsp Amchoor
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp Heeng
- 3-4 Dry red chilies
- Wash the dal and soak in enough water for 20 minutes.
- Heat vegetable oil in a pressure cooker.
- Once the oil is hot, add onion and fry until slightly pinkish in colour.
First add ginger, garlic, tomato and green chilies and fry for another minute.
Later, add achari masala, coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, amchoor and salt and fry for 2-3 minutes.
Then, add little water if required.
- Drain the dal and add it in the cooker along with 4 cups of water and spinach.
- Pressure cook until dal is done.
- Remove the cooker from heat and let the pressure release.
- Open the cooker. and add lemon juice and mix well.
- Heat ghee for tempering in a pan.
- Once the ghee is hot, add cumin seeds, hinge and dry red chillies and let them crackle for a few seconds.
- Pour the tempering over the dal and mix well.
- Serve the dal with rice or Phulke.
Are you making this recipe? I LOVE to see your creations so snap a photo and tag Whiskaffair on Instagram with the hashtag #Whiskaffair and please give a star rating below ★. You can follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for more such easy recipes.