Any country’s self reliance depends on its farmers, nothing can be more true to India. However its saddening to read about our farmer’s plight who have been challenged by the nature and lack of resources to cater to the society. We must resolve together and now to help our country grow and make a difference to their lives and enable them to make a difference in ours. Let us be the change and #SeedTheRise, this campaign has been seeded by the Mahindra group to raise 4 Crore for the Indian farmers and you can play a key role in raising these funds. I share their efforts towards key projects to bring this change in India.
Watch this video to know more about the campaign and make your Donations here.
Donation Link – http://www.seedtherise.com/
Ginger is one of the key ingredient in the Indian curries and I picked a special ginger flavored dish today to dedicate it to our hardworking farmers. I also hope you like the recipe and once again do not forget to donate to this noble cause.
Adraki Murg or Ginger Chicken is a heartwarming dish that can be enjoyed with simple Zeera Rice or Bakarkhani Rotis. The fragrance and taste of ginger is at the heart of this dish, which is allowed to cook slowly, so that the delicate chicken imbibes the taste. This is a creamy gravy based dish that wonderfully blends various spices and is a traditional preparation in Hyderabadi cuisine.
Recipe to make Adraki Murgh / Ginger Chicken
- Mustard oil - 4 tbsp
- Cloves - 3-4
- Black peppercorns - 5-6
- Cinnamon - 1 inch piece
- Bay leaf - 2
- Onion - 2 cup Chopped
- Garlic - 1 tsp Minced
- Ginger - 1 tsp Grated
- Green chilli - 2 Slit into halves
- Chicken - 1 kg
- Yogurt - 1 cup
- All purpose flour / Maida - 1 tsp
- Kashmiri red chilli powder - 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder - 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Ginger - 2 tsp Finely chopped
- Lemon juice - 2 tsp
- Ginger julienne and coriander leaves for garnishing
- Heat oil in a pan.
- When the oil is hot, add cloves, black peppercorns, cinnamon and bay leaf.
- Let them crackle for 5-6 seconds and then add onion.
- Fry till onion turns translucent.
- Add ginger and garlic and fry till onion turns golden brown.
- Add green chile and chicken and fry chicken on high heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Whisk yogurt with flour and add it in the pan.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes on low heat until oil starts to separate on the sides of the pan.
- Add Kashmiri red chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder and salt and 1/2 cup of warm water.
- Add ginger and and cover the pan.
- Cook till chicken is done.
- Add lemon juice and cook for another minute.
- Garnish with Ginger Juliennes and Coriander.
- Serve hot with Rice or Phulke.