The minute summer arrives, the craving to eat and relish something chilled, chatpata and light simply overtakes everything else, right? Coolers, sharbats, juices, finger food or our very own favourite street food of Delhi – Chaat, makes you weak in knees and cherish the scorching heat of summer without a regret. Considering the craze at my home for Chaat especially during summer when you cannot eat too heavy meals, I keep jarfuls of Khajoor Imli ki Chutney, Khatti Imli ki Chutney, Kairi aur Dhaniya ka Chutney ready in the refrigerator. So, the minute my kiddo comes from his activity classes complaining about the tummy rats, he gets served one or the other Chaat within minutes. With a dabba of Papdi ready at home, I could instantly make Papdi Chaat yesterday and serve him to his sheer surprise. Today, while I am about to receive guests at home, I wondered if Aloo Chaat could be served to them? And I figured out it was easy to pull it off within no time.
A tangy assemblage of crisp, cubed potatoes, masalas, chaat masala and sweet, pungent chutneys and even curd, Aloo Chaat reminds you of Chandni Chowk with its each morsel. In order to make this Chaat more tempting, you could even add dollops of curd, sprinkle it with nylon sev and even fresh pomegranate seeds.
The minute you indulge yourselves with this nice, desi dish, you feel happier – who says food doesn’t you ecstatic, eh? So, take my word, this summer try to make this fingerlicking Aloo Chaat, let its generous dose of masalas tickle your taste buds and make this season more awesome, what say? Here’s how to make it:
Here is a video recipe to make Aloo Chaat
- Potato - 400 g ( boiled, peeled and cubed )
- Ghee for frying potato
- Salt to taste
- Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Roasted cumin powder - 1 tsp
- Chaat masala powder - 2 tsp
- Lemon juice - 1 tbsp
- Coriander chutney - 3 tbsp
- Tamarind Chutney - 3 tbsp
- Curd - ¼ cup
- Nylon sev - 2 tbsp
- Pomegranate seeds - 2 tbsp
- Fresh coriander - 2 tbsp ( Chopped )
- Heat ghee in a non stick pan.
- Add potatoes and fry until golden brown.
- Drain a bowl.
- Add salt, red chilli powder, roasted cumin powder, chaat masala and lemon juice in the potatoes and toss well.
- Transfer the potatoes in the saving bowl.
- Top with coriander chutney, tamarind chutney, curd, nylon sev, pomegranate seeds and finally with fresh coriander.
- Serve immediately.