Make this detox apple spinach smoothie in just 5 minutes using simple ingredients. This green smoothie is made with no added sugar can be served for breakfast, post-workout, or evening snacks.
Want to try more such smoothie recipes, then here are some more refreshing recipes for you – Strawberry Yogurt Smoothie, Cantaloupe Smoothie, Strawberry Spinach Smoothie, Strawberry Kiwi Smoothie, Pumpkin Pie Smoothie, and Beet Smoothie.
About This Recipe
Apple spinach smoothie is a creamy green smoothie that is a delicious blend of spinach, apple, banana, ground flax seeds, water, and ice.
It is an easy and quick recipe, that gets ready in just 5 minutes. Just add all the ingredients to a blender and blend until it is smooth and creamy.
This detox green apple spinach smoothie with no added sugar is sweet and tart in taste, which can be enjoyed for breakfast, snacks, or a guilty free dessert. If you are making it for your pre or post-workout snack, then add in the required amount of protein powder too.
This Green Apple and Spinach Smoothie is,
- Smooth + creamy
- Sweet & Tart
- Perfect for busy mornings
This smoothie requires just 4 main ingredients – spinach, apple, banana, and ground flax seeds. To adjust the consistency we have added water and ice cubes.
Spinach – You can use regular spinach or baby spinach for this smoothie. Baby spinach is less bitter than regular spinach. You can even use kale instead of spinach.
Apple -Use Granny’s Smith green apple which adds a tangy-sweet taste to the smoothie. You can use red apple as well. It will make the smoother sweeter and less tangy.
Banana – Peel, slice, and freeze the banana, as the frozen one adds a nice creamy texture to the smoothie.
Ground flax seeds – Add in some ground flaxseed, to make the smoothie even more nutritious. I grind a big batch at home in my coffee grinder and refrigerate it until use.
Yogurt – I add some plain yogurt to make the smoothie creamy and filling. You can skip it if you wish to.
Others – You can add avocado and cucumber to try a new variation of this smoothie.
If you want to make the smoothie creamier, then you can add whole milk or dairy-free options such as almond milk, soy milk, coconut milk, or any other dairy-free milk. You can even add coconut water or orange juice instead of plain water.
While serving, top it with chia seeds, hemp seeds or flax seeds for an added nutrition.
How to make Apple Spinach Smoothie?
Add 1 cup spinach, 1 chopped granny smith apple, 1 large banana (frozen), 1 tsp ground flax seeds, 1 cup water, ½ cup plain yogurt, and 3-4 ice cubes to a blender and blend until smooth.
Frequently Asked Questions
You do not have to cook the spinach! Just add in raw greens. If you are worried about the raw and bitter taste of greens, then do not worry, the fruits will overpower the bitter taste of spinach.
The best way to freeze banana is to peel it, then cut into ½ inch slices. Arrange the slices on a baking tray in a single layer and freeze for 4-5 hours. Then collect the frozen slices in a ziplock bag and freeze for 3-4 months..
Spinach Health Benefits
Spinach is one of those green leafy vegetables that are rich in Iron, Folate, Calcium, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium, Vitamin A, and Vitamin B. Due to these nutrients, it has many health benefits such as,
- It prevents certain types of cancers.
- Great for diabetic people, as it controls blood sugar levels.
- It is considered great for your bone health due to its calcium properties. So if you want strong bones, include spinach in your daily diet.
- It is considered great for your skin and eyes.
- Also, a great ingredient to include in your diet if you are on a weight loss journey.
Green Apple Health Benefits
- It is high in fiber, which keeps the liver and digestive system healthy.
- Green apple is aid to improve the blood circulation in the body, which prevents heart diseases.
- It also has an amazing ability to heal blood clots, as green apple is rich in Vitamin K.
- A rich source of Vitamin C, which keeps your skin healthy.
- It is also rich in Calcium, thus it is great for bones.
Apple and spinach smoothie tastes great when served fresh! But if you have leftovers, store in a mason jar or a covered glass jar in the fridge and consume it within a day.
You might also like
Apple Spinach Smoothie Recipe
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 Granny Smith apple
- 1 large banana (frozen)
- 1 teaspoon ground flax seeds
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- 3-4 ice cubes
- Add 1 cup spinach, 1 chopped granny smith apple, 1 large banana (frozen), 1 tsp ground flax seeds, 1 cup water, ½ cup yogurt, and 3-4 ice cubes to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve chilled.