Meatballs are small balls made by using minced meat. Often, even bread crumbs, eggs, butter are used for making Meatballs. They are made by baking, frying or even by steaming.
They can be eaten just as it is or you could even wrap them with tortilla, veggies, cheese and relish this yummy snack. For making my variation of Asian Chicken Meatballs, I decided to bake them instead of frying so that they do not turn out too oily!
I was facing a dilemma about using minced chicken which was stocked in my freezer and shouting to be used ASAP. I had already used minced chicken for making Chicken Stuffed Buns some time back.
So, this time, I planned on making a different dish using minced meat. During my stay in the US, I had devoured Asian Chicken Meatballs at one of the Indo-Chinese restaurants. I recollected the awesome experience of eating them with some Shezwan Fried Rice. And finally, decided to go ahead and make lip-smacking Asian Chicken Meatballs.
Asian Chicken Meatballs can be made more lip-smacking by using garlic powder, onion powder, freshly ground black pepper and chilli flakes along with the minced chicken.
Sauces for this yummy appetizers are made with the help of Hoisin Sauce, Soy Sauce, Rice Wine Vinegar, Sesame Oil, Honey, and just to thicken it out a bit, cornstarch is used as well. Here is the recipe to make Hoisin Sauce at home.
Once the sauces are sorted, the mix is spread on freshly baked meatballs and they are garnished with roasted sesame seeds and fresh spring onion greens.
Oh, I cannot tell you how much I loved eating Asian Chicken Meatballs. They can be eaten as an appetizer or with rice as well.
Next time, you are in a fix for making a starter or a side-dish, you know what you are supposed to make, right? Get going and save my recipe for Asian Chicken Meatballs:
Asian Chicken Meatballs
- 300 g Minced Chicken
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- ½ teaspoon Freshly Ground Black pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon Chilli flakes
- ½ cup Bread crumbs
- 1 Egg
- ¼ cup Warm Water
For the Sauce
- 3 tablespoon Hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoon Soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon Honey
- ¼ cup Water
- 1 tablespoon Cornstarch - 1 tablespoon
- Roasted Sesame seeds
- Spring onion Greens
For the meatballs
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Mix all the ingredients to make the meatballs in a bowl and mix gently.
- Do not over mix.
- Line the meatballs on the prepared baking tray in a single layer.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes and then flip side and again bake for 10-12 minutes until the chicken is cooked.
For the sauce
- Mix all the ingredients to make sauce in a pan.
- Cook until the sauce is thickened.
- Pour the sauce over the meatballs and mix gently.
- Garnish with roasted sesame seeds and spring onion greens.
- Serve hot as appetiser or along with steamed rice for full meal.