Make this easy and delicious Asian Chicken Meatballs, that tastes much better than your favourite Asian takeout. Serve it with fried rice or noodles. Here is how to make it.
Here are a few more Asian recipes that you can try at home – Asian Sesame Ginger Dressing, Asian Red Chilli Paste, Easy Asian Cauliflower Rice, Asian Garlic Tofu, Hunan Shrimp and Cheese Ramen Noodles.
About This Recipe
Asian Chicken Meatballs is an Indo Chinese dish where chicken meatballs are dipped in a delicious spicy and savoury sauce. It is easy to make, super delicious and tastes much better than your favourite Indo Chinese takeout.
I prefer to bake the chicken meatballs to make it healthy, but you can even pan fry, deep fry, air fry or steam the balls instead.
It can be relished as an appetiser or on a bed of steamed rice or jasmine rice for a comforting weekday meal. It also tastes great with Hakka noodles.
To make the sauce – To make the gravy, you will need hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, honey, water and cornstarch.
You can try my homemade hoisin sauce recipe, or use a store bought one.
Adjust honey according to your taste.
To make the balls – For the chicken balls, you will need minced chicken, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, salt, chilli flakes, bread crumbs, egg and warm water.
You can adjust the spice quantity according to your taste.
For garnish – Finish off the chicken meatballs with some roasted sesame seeds and green onions.
Asian Chicken Meatballs can be served on its own as an appetiser or along with steamed rice, jasmine rice, fried rice or noodles for a comforting meal.
Leftover meatballs can be used to stuff in between tortillas to make wraps or rolls for a light lunch or dinner.
Asian Chicken Meatballs will easily last for 2-3 days, when stored in an air tight container in the refrigerator. Reheat in a pan or microwave, until nice and hot before serving.
Asian Chicken Meatballs
- 300 g Minced Chicken
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- ½ teaspoon Freshly Ground Black pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon Chilli flakes
- ½ cup Bread crumbs
- 1 Egg
- ¼ cup Warm Water
For the Sauce
- 3 tablespoon Hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoon Soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon Honey
- ¼ cup Water
- 1 tablespoon Cornstarch – 1 tbsp
- Roasted Sesame seeds
- Spring onion Greens
For the meatballs
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Mix all the ingredients to make the meatballs in a bowl and mix gently.
- Do not over mix.
- Line the meatballs on the prepared baking tray in a single layer.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes and then flip side and again bake for 10-12 minutes until the chicken is cooked.
For the sauce
- Mix all the ingredients to make sauce in a pan.
- Cook until the sauce is thickened.
- Pour the sauce over the meatballs and mix gently.
- Garnish with roasted sesame seeds and spring onion greens.
- Serve hot as appetiser or along with steamed rice for full meal.