Asian Garlic Tofu is a simple healthy dish where tofu coated with Oriental sauces and spices is pan fried & cooked. Pair it with rice for a full meal. Here is how to make it.
About This Recipe
A delicious restaurant quality dish that is as easy to make as it is to eat, this is a simple dish where tofu coated with Oriental sauces and spices is pan fried and cooked.
Tofu is a great vegan ingredient, and non-allergic too. It’s a staple in Thai cuisines, and can be used just as is in a variety of dishes.
Crispy tofu garlic recipes made in minutes is one of the things that I love to serve my guests/clan. Frying, cooking, heating sauces in oil along with tofu fried is a sight that makes you drool for sure.
The luscious combination of tofu sauce is so splendid and tempting that this recipe would stay in your good cook book for eternity, I am telling you! Unlike other foods, tofu doesn’t need much cooking and therefore is an excellent appetizer for parties or gatherings. It can also be served as a part of a bigger Asian meal.
Tofu also called bean curd, is better than cottage cheese in cooking, and is derived from soy milk. It is packed with amino acids, calcium, iron and other micro-nutrients. It is also said, that enjoying soya in the form of tofu is better than the chunks, since the essential nutrients are all retained.
You might also like
Asian Garlic Tofu
- 200 g Firm tofu
- 2 tbsp Sesame oil
- 1/4 cup Spring onion greens (Chopped)
- 1/2 tsp Red chilli flakes
- 1 tsp Roasted sesame seeds
For the sauce
- 2 tbsp Dark soy sauce
- 3 tbsp Hoisin sauce
- 1 and 1/2 tsp Minced garlic
- 1 tsp Honey
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper powder
- Salt (To taste)
- Press the tofu between kitchen towel to get rid of excess water and cut into 1 inch cubes.
- Mix the ingredients for the sauce in bowl.
- Pour the sauce over tofu cubes and let it rest for an hour.
- Heat sesame oil in a skillet.
- Transfer the tofu on to the skillet and arrange in a single layer.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes and then flip and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add spring onion greens and cook for a minute.
- Sprinkle little water if the tofu is getting dry.
- Sprinkle red chilli flakes and roasted sesame seeds on top.
- Serve hot with rice.