Make this Asian Garlic Tofu, which is prepared with minimal ingredients in under 30 minutes. Serve it with steamed rice. Here is how to make it.
About This Recipe
Tofu is pressed and pan fried with oriental sauces and spices to make this flavoursome Asian Garlic Tofu. It is quite easy to make, needs minimal ingredients and tastes better than your favourite Asian takeout.
It is loaded with all the flavours in one – salty, sweet and spicy, which will surely satiate your taste buds.
Serve it on its own with a refreshing Asian salad or on the ed of steamed rice or jasmine rice for a comforting meal.
For the sauce mix/marinade – To make the sauce mix, you will need dark soy sauce, hoisin sauce, garlic, honey, black pepper and salt.
Adjust the salt, pepper, honey and garlic according to your taste.
Other ingredients – To complete the recipe, you will need tofu, sesame oil, spring onion greens, red chilli flakes and roasted sesame seeds.
You can also use tamari as a gluten free option, instead of soy sauce.
Use firm tofu for this recipe, as it is easy to crisp them up.
Adjust the amount red chilli flakes, depending on how spicy you want it to be.
Asian Garlic Tofu tastes the best with steamed rice, jasmine rice, Hakka noodles or vegetable fried rice. You can choose from other fried rice recipes too – kimchi fried rice, mushroom fried rice, Thai fried rice, Schezwan fried rice and hibachi fried rice.
Asian Garlic Tofu will easily last for 2-3 days in the fridge when stored in an air tight container. Reheat in a pan or microwave until hot before serving and add in hot water to adjust the consistency while reheating.
You might also like
Asian Garlic Tofu
- 200 g Firm tofu
- 2 tablespoon Sesame oil
- ¼ cup Spring onion greens (Chopped)
- ½ teaspoon Red chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon Roasted sesame seeds
For the sauce
- 2 tablespoon Dark soy sauce
- 3 tablespoon Hoisin sauce
- 1 and ½ teaspoon Minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Honey
- ¼ teaspoon Black pepper powder
- Salt (To taste)
- Press the tofu between kitchen towel to get rid of excess water and cut into 1 inch cubes.
- Mix the ingredients for the sauce in bowl.
- Pour the sauce over tofu cubes and let it rest for an hour.
- Heat sesame oil in a skillet.
- Transfer the tofu on to the skillet and arrange in a single layer.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes and then flip and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add spring onion greens and cook for a minute.
- Sprinkle little water if the tofu is getting dry.
- Sprinkle red chilli flakes and roasted sesame seeds on top.
- Serve hot with rice.