A healthy dish that doesn’t compromise on taste, Asian Tofu and Vegetable Stir Fry is nutritious and has a great combination of sauces to liven it up. The sweet and savory sauce adds lots of character to this simple Asian dish. There is a unique and delicious, smoky taste due to the stir fry, an absolute restaurant quality dish that you can prepare in your own home and serve guests. I always make stir fry dishes, since they are so easy and healthy. I usually toss in any veggie I can find. If you like me, love stir fry dishes too, then Snow Peas and Mushroom Stir Fry is an absolute must try.
Asian Tofu and Vegetable Stir Fry
Recipe to make Hoisin sauce is Here.
- Firm Tofu - 400 g
- Broccoli - 200 g
- Red bell pepper - ½ cup ( Thinly sliced )
- Sesame oil - 2 tbsp
- Dark soy sauce - 3 tbsp
- Rice wine vinegar - 2 tbsp
- Hoisin sauce - 2 tbsp
- Brown sugar - 1 tsp
- Cornstarch - 1 tbsp
- Water - 3 tbsp
- Remove the tofu from the pack and wrap it in a thick kitchen towel.
- Press it with heavy weight and leave for 20 minutes for the excess water to soak.
- Cut the tofu into small rectangular pieces.
- Pre heat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Line the tofu pieces on a baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Turn them around and bake for another 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and keep aside.
- Heat sesame oil in a wok.
- Add beans and red bell pepper and saute for a minute on high heat.
- Add tofu pieces, soy sauce, vinegar, hoisin sauce and brown sugar and mix gently.
- Mix cornstarch with water and add it in the wok and cook for 3-4 minutes until sauce thickens and coats the vegetables.
- Serve with steamed rice.