Badami Besan Doodh is a healthy and delicious drink that is perfect for winters. Milk is flavored with chickpea flour and almonds and is served hot. Here is how to make Besan Doodh.
Badami Besan Doodh is a healthy and delicious drink which is especially relished during winter. However, our family is always game when it comes to savoring Badami Besan Doodh or Kesar Rabdi.
For making this drink, chickpea flour is roasted in little ghee and then milk and almond paste are added to it. The chickpea flour thickens the milk by giving it a lovely texture and flavor. Almond paste on the hand, enhances the recipe by giving it a nice crunch and more creaminess.
This drink can be had for breakfast or you may even sip on it after you complete your dinner. Prepared within no time, Badami Besan Doodh is ideal to be served during meets and greets or during those family functions.
I bet everyone would grow a liking for this creamy Badami Besan Doodh! I have already shared the recipe with you, do go through its recipe, make it at home and sip it with ease.
Badami Besan Doodh Recipe
Badami Besan Doodh
Badami Besan Doodh is a healthy and delicious drink that is perfect for winters. Milk is flavored with chickpea flour and almonds and is served hot.
- 1 tsp Ghee
- 3 tsp Besan / Chickpea flour
- 15-20 Almonds
- 2 cups Milk
- 3 tsp Sugar You can adjust it according to your taste
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom powder
- Dry fruits Slivered and saffron strands for garnishing
- Soak the almonds in hot water for about an hour.
- Peel the almonds and grind them in a blender with little milk to make a smooth paste.
- Heat ghee in a heavy bottom pan.
- Add besan and fry on low heat till slightly browned.
- Add milk, sugar, badam paste and cardamom powder.
- Cook for 10-5 minutes on medium heat.
- Keep stirring in between.
- Pour in glasses.
- Garnish with dry fruits and saffron strands.
- Serve hot.
Are you making this recipe? I LOVE to see your creations so snap a photo and tag Whiskaffair on Instagram with the hashtag #Whiskaffair and please give a star rating below ★. You can follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for more such easy recipes.