Appetisers are the most important part of any house party meal or a get together! How many of you agree with me? Well, I feel that people enjoy the appetisers or starters the most, as they like to relish it with their drinks and also they are a slightly hungry at the start of any party.
And therefore for me making appetisers interesting is very important. Every time I throw a house party, I try and not repeat my starters and experiment with different dishes from across the world. This time my entire menu was North Indian and I wanted an option that goes well with my other main course dishes.
As I had some extra Paneer sitting in the fridge, my search for Paneer appetisers started and that’s when I came across these baked PANEER BREAD ROLLS. Easy to make and something that everyone will love, from kids to adults, these rolls seemed perfect for the appetiser.
When I looked for other ingredients, almost everything was already available in my pantry. So, without wasting any time, got all the ingredients together and prepared this delicious and crispy Paneer Bread Rolls.
Learn how to make Paneer Bread Rolls, that can also be prepared for your tea time snacks along with a hot cup of coffee or tea. Here is the recipe of homemade Paneer Bread Rolls.
What are Paneer Bread Rolls?
Paneer Bread Rolls are inviting Indian appetisers where the bread is flattened and stuffed with the mixture of paneer, potato, coriander leaves, green chillies, fennel powder, salt and garam masala powder.
The soft paneer potato gets a beautiful subtle flavour from fennel powder and garam masala powder. The green chillies lends a spicy twist to this mixture. If you like it to be more spicy, you can increase the amount of chillies or can add in some red chilli powder too.
The bread is then rolled using a slurry, sprinkled with white sesame seeds and then baked.
You can also add in other vegetables such as corn, green peas in the stuffing. Also, if you have leftover stuffing, you can use it to make sandwiches next morning for your breakfast or stuff it in your parathas.
How to make fried Paneer Bread Rolls?
To make fried Paneer Stuffed Bread Rolls, dip the flattened bread in water and squeeze out the water properly. Now, add it in the stuffing in between and cover the filling with bread properly. Squeeze it again to get rid of excess water.
We will cover it from all the sides, so that the stuffing doesn’t come out while frying.
Now, add in the bread rolls directly into the hot oil and fry it till they become golden brown or crispy from outside.
What to serve with Paneer Bread Rolls?
These Paneer Bread Rolls tastes delicious with Ketchup or Mint Coriander Chutney and a hot cup of Adrak Wali Chai or Filter Coffee.
Baked Paneer Bread Rolls Recipe
- White bread - 12 slices
- Paneer - 1 and 1/2 cup (Grated)
- Boiled potato - 1/2 cup (Grated)
- Fresh coriander - 2 tbsp
- Green chili - 1 tsp (Chopped)
- Fennel powder - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Garam masala powder - 1/2 tsp
- All purpose flour - 2 tbsp
- Water - 4 tbsp
- Olive oil - to brush on the rolls.
- Sesame seeds - 2 tbsp
- Pre heat the oven to 150 degrees C.
- Mix all purpose flour and water in a bowl to make a thick slurry.
- Cut the corners of the bread slices.
- Roll each bread slice using a rolling pin till it is slightly flattened.
- Mix Paneer, potato, coriander, green chili, fennel powder, salt and garam masala in a bowl.
- Keep a small amount of filling in centre the of the bread piece and apply the flour slurry on the sides of the slice.
- Bring the ends together and seal the sides.
- Keep the roll in a plate covered by a moist cloth.
- make all the rolls in the similar manner.
- Arrange the rolls in a baking tray.
- Brush the rolls with olive oil and sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, until slightly browned.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately with ketchup and coriander chutney.