Baked Papdi or Indian style crackers is a healthy version of the regular Papdi and it tastes just as good as the regular fried ones. Here is how to make baked papdi recipe.
About the recipe
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour/Maida
- 1 tbsp Fine Semolina/Sooji
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Carom Seeds/Ajwain
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Add all purpose flour, sooji, salt, carom seeds and 2 tbsp oil in a bowl and mix well using your finger tips.
- Add little water and knead to make smooth stiff dough.
- Cover the dough and keep aside for 20 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 4 parts.
- Slightly dust and roll each part into a 2-3 mm thick large disc.
- Prick the disk all over using a fork.
- Using a small circular cookie cutter or a cap of bottle, cut the disc into smaller circles which are about 1 and 1/2 inch in diameter.
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Arrange the papdi on a baking tray in a single layer and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown from both the sides.
- You can flip the papdi up side down midway if they are not getting browned from the lower side.
- Make all the papdi in the same manner.
- Let the papdi cool completely and then store them in an airtight container for up to a month.