Being fit and healthy is a lifestyle choice many youngsters are wanting to choose. Focusing on both mental and physical health is something people have realized is important to them. They are becoming increasingly aware and forming habits such as exercise, yoga, meditation, and new age Ayurveda infused drinks, making it a part of their everyday life. In fact, a number of companies are now having wellness as part of their charters and students are being made to attend wellness sessions at schools.
The age-old ingredients which were promoted by Ayurveda are being used very innovatively to bring the best for your mind and body. While we all know that regular exercise, yoga, meditation, and ayurvedic food can do wonders to your body, it is often asked how to inculcate ayurvedic food in the diet. There are many ways you can do this. A quick visit to your nearby Ayurvedic shop will show you how many new options have come into the market with several juices, murabba, tea, and other items you could use in your daily diet.
One easy way to include Ayurveda into your daily diet is through tea. Tea is something that most of us have multiple times during the day. You could look to substitute one or two of them with Ayurvedic tea. Made with different herbs, these traditional Ayurvedic herbal teas benefit your overall health and helps you attain good health, wellness, and vitality.
These Ayurvedic herbal teas come in three variations – Vatha Tea, Pitha Tea, and Kapha Tea, which are named after the three doshas in Ayurveda. Selecting the right tea can help you balance those doshas in your body, which improves mental as well as physical health at the same time, as both of them are interconnected. It also helps you detoxify and purify the body, which has long-term health benefits. Begin your morning with a hot cup of Ayurvedic Tea as they have zero caffeine, and feel that soothing effect on your mind and body. You could even have like-minded friends get together over an Ayurvedic tea session.
These Ayurvedic Herbal Teas come in so many flavors, which are a combination of different herbs and flowers and you can be sure to love them. You can select from a variety of options and I am sure you will feel a difference once you start sipping on these Ayurvedic Teas. Aren’t you now excited about your next cup of tea!!
Ayurvedic Tea Benefits
It is hard to write down all the health benefits of Ayurvedic Tea because each herb works differently for different people. You should try out different ones and choose the one to which your body responds well to. These Ayurvedic Teas are mainly focused on your overall health and they provide you with health benefits such as:
- Improving Immunity – Sipping on a cup of hot Ayurvedic Tea, can keep diseases at bay, as it improves immunity. A combination of different herbs and spices fights the infections in the body and keeps you healthy.
- Relaxing the body – A cup of Ayurvedic Tea will make you feel more relaxed, as it has a calming effect on you. Therefore, some of these teas, especially the “Vatha Teas” are advised to be consumed at night, so that you can sleep better.
- Curing Indigestion or Stomach Related Issues – Most of the Ayurvedic Teas that have herbs and flowers as their ingredients have a cooling effect on your stomach. It helps in curing most of the stomach-related issues such as indigestion, constipation, bloating, diarrhoea, stomach aches, etc.
- Relieving Menstrual Pains – Ayurvedic Tea, specifically the ones with ginger helps in reducing period pain, as it lowers the levels of prostaglandins in a woman’s body.
- Helping In Weight Loss – Ayurvedic Teas are considered great when it comes to weight loss. Look for ingredients such as lemongrass, basil, clove, ginger, and star anise.
- Giving You Good Skin – These Ayurvedic Teas are great for your skin. The herbs and other ingredients combined help purify the blood and removes excess fat from the tissue which is great for your skin health.
- Body Detoxifying – Overall, it detoxifies your body and brings you mental peace. This tea also works as a great memory-booster and stress-buster.
Given there are so many benefits for your wellness, why not try some of them from the market. To help you switch to these healthy and soothing Ayurvedic Teas, I am mentioning a few that you could buy from the market:
- Ayurvedic Tea by Jiva Ayurveda – This herbal tea is one of my first finds and you will always see this stocked up in my pantry. It aids digestion, lowers down cholesterol, boosts immunity, brings lightness to your body, and calms your brain. Overall, it is a tonic for your liver, brain, and heart.
- AVT Nature’s cup – From reducing your stress and anxiety levels to soothing your sore throat. From doing wonders to your digestive system to improving your oral health. AVT Nature’s Cup made with real Ayurvedic ingredients, will help you flush out toxins and restore balance in your body! It is a beautiful blend of Assam Tea Leaves and 7 flavourful spices – Ginger, Cinnamon, Cardamom, Cloves, Ashwagandha, Athimadhuram, and Pepper to boost your immunity. Just boil it like your regular cup of tea and soak up all the goodness of Ayurveda in a single cup!
- 6rasa Kashaya – This Ayurvedic tea is great to cure a cold/cough, helps in digestion, relieves headaches, and keeps my allergies at bay.
- The Indian Chai – This Ayurvedic Tea is a combination of some of my favorite herbs – Green tea, Tulsi, Clove, Lemongrass, Peppermint, Cinnamon, Coriander Seed, Fennel Seed, Cumin Seed, Ginger Roots, Black Pepper, Turmeric Root, Ajwain, Cardamom, Asafoetida and Rock Salt. Looking at just the ingredients, you can tell how refreshing and soothing this tea would be. It cures all the stomach-related issues and is great to sip on if you are on a weight loss journey.
- Saffola Immuniveda Kadha Mix – Kadha has been in our culture for years and is meant to treat bacterial infections. Every home has their own Kadha Recipe to treat cold/cough/sore throat and this Immuniveda Kadha Mix is one such Kadha which will surely meet your expectations.
So go ahead and enjoy a lovely cup of tea and prioritize your well-being every single day!