In French, the word ‘crispa’ means curled. Derived from the same, a crepe is mostly a thin crusted pancake which is made using wheat flour or all purpose flour. Crisp yet tad tender, a crepe is also stuffed with a plethora of ingredients. However, I streamlined the recipes of crepes that I found on the internet and came up with my own Best Crepe Recipe which is no fail, super easy recipe and will work for you everytime you make Crepes. Now, you all may wonder, that why did I give this name: ‘Best Crepe Recipe’? Firstly, this variation of crepes is the best one as the crepes are made using the simplest ingredients that available at home. Plus for sweetening the same, those nice, rich flavours of vanilla and sugar are blended together! One may even try a savoury version of Best Crepe Recipe which employs the usage of salt and a dash of fresh herbs.
Crepes are best to be served for breakfast. During my various trips to France, I had the opportunity to taste some of the best variations of crepes and recollecting the same, I convinced myself of preparing these munchies using my Best Crepe Recipe at home! Just as of Whole Wheat Honey Pancakes with Flax Seeds, my kiddo has turned into a big time fan of Crepes as well. Yours would turn too you serve him/her with oozing, piping hot Crepes. Ladies, wear your thinking cap and make your own Best Crepes, be it sweet or savoury! Here’s mine for your reference:
Best Crepe Recipe
- All purpose flour - 2 cups
- Eggs - 4
- Unsalted butter - ½ cup ( Melted )
- Milk - 1 cup
- Water - ½ cup
- Salt - ¼ tsp
- For Sweet Crepes
- Vanilla extract - 1 tsp
- Sugar - 3 tbsp ( Optional )
- For Savoury Crepes
- Salt - ¼ tsp
- Fresh herbs - 1 tsp ( Finely chopped )
- Add flour, eggs, butter, milk, water and salt in the jar of a blender and blend well.
- If making sweet crepes, add vanilla and sugar and mix well.
- If making savoury crepes, add the additional salt and herbs and blend well.
- Cover the batter and keep side for 30 minutes.
- Heat a non stick pan.
- Brush the pan with butter.
- Pour a ladle full of batter in the centre of the pan and swirl the pan to spread a thin layer of better in the pan.
- Cook for 40-50 seconds and then flip the crepe and cook for another 20-25 seconds.
- Fill with your choice of filling.
- Serve hot.