Basic Hummus from Scratch
- Chickpea - 1 cup
- Garlic cloves - 12-14
- Tahini - 4 tbsp mix 4 tbsp sesame seeds with 2 tbsp olive oil and little water and blend in a blender to make a smooth paste
- Extra virgin olive oil - 8 tbsp
- Lemon juice - 5 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Roasted cumin powder - 1/2 tsp
- Chili flakes - 1 tsp
- Warm water from boiled chickpeas - 3-4 tbsp
- Wash and soak chickpeas in enough water for 5-6 hours.
- Drain the water.
- Add chickpeas and 2 cups of water in a pressure cooker and pressure cook the chickpeas till done.
- Drain the water reserving 3-4 tbsp for the hummus.
- Add all the ingredients including the boiled chickpeas in a blender and blend to make a smooth hummus.
- Serve with pita or any other crackers.