Blueberry Crumb Bars are a wonderful crunchy sweet pastry, made with fresh, sweet healthy blueberries sprinkled with sugar. They make for great desserts or whenever sweet cravings strike. You can just eat it by itself or serve it with a scoop of ice cream, it will definitely please your palate.
This recipe has been adapted from adapted from AllRecipes.com.
I reheated it in a warm heated oven before serving….
Recipe to make Blueberry Crumb Bars
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees F
- Grease a 9x13 inch pan
- In a bowl, mix together 1 cup sugar, baking powder and all purpose flour
- Add lemon zest and salt
- Add butter and egg and with the help of a pastry cutter or fork, blend it into the flour
- The dough will be crumbly
- Pat half of the dough on to the prepared pan
- In another bowl, mix together ½ cup sugar, lemon juice and cornflour
- Fold in the blueberries
- Spread the blueberries on top of the crust evenly
- Sprinkle the remaining dough on top of the blueberries
- Bake for 45 minutes, till the top is slightly browned
- Cool completely
- Cut into squares