Braided Nutella Bread is a simple home made bread with the goodness of nutella in every bite. Here is how to make this delicious Braided Nutella Bread .
Braided Nutella Bread is nice to munch on with Adrak Wali during the supper. Bread baking has always been a joy for me. The smell of freshly baked bread wafting from the oven is enough to give me a high.
This Nutella Bread has been on my to-do list for the longest time and while I was going through my Pinterest page, it again popped in front of me shouting to be noticed and put into action. I used my favourite basic recipe to make this bread and the addition of Nutella was the best choice that I made. Here is how to make this Braided Nutella Bread.
I am yet to know someone who doesn’t like eating Nutella. My son finishes off the entire jar of Nutella as soon I bring it home. So, I thought what better way to hide it from him and making up a recipe with it instead, eh? Preparing Braided Nutella Bread at home thus, had many motivations.
Having said that, you could wisely use Nutella and make something innovative out of it such as Braided Nutella Bread or Olive Oil Banana Bread with Nutella Swirls. So, get going, roll up your sleeves and read its recipe:
Nutella Braided Bread
- 1 and ¼ cup Water
- 2 and ¼ tsp Active dry yeast
- 2 tsp Granulated sugar
- 3 cups All purpose flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Vital Gluten
- 6 tbsp Nutella
- Heat the water till it is lukewarm.
- Add sugar and yeast and keep aside for 10 minutes until the mixture starts to bubble a bit.
- Mix flour, salt and gluten in a bowl.
- Add the yeast mixture in the flour.
- Mix well with a spatula until combined.
- Transfer the dough on a slightly floured surface and knead well for 8-10 minutes.
- If using a stand mixer, knead on medium speed for 5 minutes.
- Apply oil in a bowl and transfer the dough in the bowl.
- Cover the bowl and let it rest for 1 hours until the dough doubles in size.
- Transfer the dough on a lightly floured surface and gently roll into a 20 inch by 10 inch rectangle.
- Apply Nutella all over the surface and tightly roll the dough to make a cylinder.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the cylinder into half, horizontally.
- Braid the two parts together.
- Transfer the Braid in a parchment paper lined Loaf pan.
- Keep in a warm place for 45 minutes.
- Pre heat an oven to 180 degrees C.
- Bake the bread for 30 minutes, till the crust appears slightly browned.
- Transfer the bread to a cooling rack.
- Cut into slices and serve with tea or coffee.