Burnt Garlic Broccoli Soup has this amazing blend of a salubrious vegetable like broccoli and the life changing flavours of olive oil, garlic, onions et al. Here is how to make garlic broccoli soup.
Winter happens to be one of my favourite seasons. Though I wouldn’t say that I do not like summer or monsoon, but winter is simply charming. Waking up to pink cold, soaking the warmth of the sun, sipping piping hot coffee or tea- winter grants you the luxury to enjoy such trivial yet satiating pleasures of life.
When we talk about aforesaid pleasures, we cannot forget to talk about the #WinterSpecials in terms of food. Soups, salads, fritters, snacks, accompaniments, sweets – OMG, the list is just endless and I am so ready to try all of them this winter.
Vegetable Hot and Sour Soup is something that I recently tried but I am still not over them because happiness for me is slurping on soups with my family any day! So, yesterday, I did try Burnt Garlic Broccoli Soup as well.
Burnt Garlic Broccoli Soup has this amazing blend of a salubrious vegetable like broccoli and the life changing flavours of olive oil, garlic, onions et al. It tastes so different that you feel like savouring it for the eternity. To add more taste to this soup, I garnished it with melon seeds and fresh cream to make it more rich and luscious.
If you are by any means soup-a-holic then Burnt Garlic Broccoli Soup is a must-try! Here’s a step-by-step guide for making it.
Burnt Garlic Broccoli Soup Recipe
Burnt Garlic Broccoli Soup
Burnt Garlic Broccoli Soup has this amazing blend of a salubrious vegetable like broccoli and the life changing flavours of olive oil, garlic, onions et al.
- 4 tbsp Olive oil Divided
- 4 tsp Garlic Chopped
- 1/4 cup Onion Chopped
- 2 Bay leaf
- 300 g Broccoli
- 3 cups Vegetable stock
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp Freshly cracked black pepper
- Melon seeds
- Fresh cream to garnish
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a pan.
- Add 2 tsp garlic and fry until nicely browned.
- Add onion and bay leaf and fry for a minute.
- Add broccoli and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add vegetable stock and let the soup simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from heat and let the soup cool.
- Blend in a blender to make a smooth mixture.
- Pour the soup back in the pan.
- Add salt and black pepper and let it cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a small pan.
- Add 2 tsp garlic and let it cook until browned.
- Pour the soup in the serving bowls.
- Pour the oil with garlic on it.
- Garnish with melon seeds and fresh cream.
- Serve hot.
Are you making this recipe? I LOVE to see your creations so snap a photo and tag Whiskaffair on Instagram with the hashtag #Whiskaffair and please give a star rating below ★. You can follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for more such easy recipes.