Mastering a recipe asks for relentless and passionate practice. And, I did the same while making Butter Garlic Naan. I made naan in an electric oven, I made it in a pressure cooker too. But after making it on a griddle, on tawa that is, which is turned upside down, no other method charms me anymore. I have found my trick.
Now, any day, anytime, my Butter Garlic Naan comes out wonderfully soft and chewy with the perfect brown spots on the surface.
Moreover, no yeast mixture is used for making it yet naturally turns double in size. Not too mention how well cooked naan with minced garlic, melted butter tastes. Lip-smacking, indeed!
What is Butter Garlic Naan?
It is an exotic Garlic Naan Recipe that is made using all-purpose flour, butter and chopped garlic. Though it is usually made in a furnace, you can prepare it easily on a cast iron tawa or iron skillet.
How to make this Garlic Naan Bread Recipe at home?
Mark my words as preparing Butter Garlic Naan is not at all tedious. Meticulously follow my step by step recipe to make the same. You would surely learn to make the best ones then! If you want then you may also add wheat flour when you roll naans. Probably, you may use warm water to knead the dough for this naan. But, I like using milk as it makes softer Naan.
What to eat with Butter Garlic Naan?
Although, I have already shared the recipe and trick to make Plain Naan sometime back, but this time I made Butter Garlic Naan and thought to share it as well. Please do the honours of reading and trying it?
Recipe to make Butter and Garlic Naan
Butter and Garlic Naan
- Maida / All purpose flour - 4 cups
- Baking soda - 1/2 tsp
- Baking powder - 1 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Sugar - 1 tbsp
- Yogurt - 1/4 cup
- Milk to knead the dough
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Garlic - 3 tbsp finely chopped
- Butter - 2 tbsp melted
- Mix maida, baking soda, baking powder, salt, sugar and yogurt in a bowl.
- Add milk and knead a soft dough.
- Oil a bowl and transfer the dough in the oiled bowl.
- Cover the bowl and keep in a warm place for 1 hour.
- Heat a griddle ( tava ).
- Make small balls of the dough.
- Sprinkle a tsp of chopped garlic on the platform.
- Dust and roll the dough ball over the garlic to make thin naan.
- Apply water on the top surface of the naan.
- Keep the naan on the griddle with garlic side up.
- The naan will stick to the griddle because of water applied.
- Now turn the griddle upside down over the high flame.
- Cook till brown spots appear on the naan.
- Turn the griddle and cook the naan for 20-30 seconds.
- Remove using a tong.
- Apply butter generously on the Naan.
- Serve hot.
- You can make these naans and store in a hot box a few hours prior to eating.