Chai ka Masala…Although I don’t drink tea on a regular basic, my family is addicted to it. My mom and dad needs a hot cup of masala chai first thing in the morning. Their day does not start without a kadak chai ki pyali ( a strong cup of tea ) and so is the case with many Indians. Chai is an integral part of Indian life style and each house hold has it’s own measurements and method, although milk, sugar and tea leaves remains a constant. This Chai masala is a blend of various spices which gives the Chai a unique flavor. You can store it in an airtight container and can add a little bit of it to you tea. I will be sharing the method to make the India chai very soon. Here is the recipe to make the Chai ka Masala.
Recipe to make Chai Ka Masala
- Cloves - ¼ cup
- Green cardamom - ¼ cup
- Cinnamon stick - ¼ cup
- Black peppercorns - ¼ cup
- Dried rose petals - 2 tbsp
- Fennel seeds / Saunf - 2 tbsp
- Dry ginger powder - 2 tbsp
- Nutmeg / Jaiphal - 1 ( crushed )
- Mix all the ingredients in a blender and blend to make a coarse powder.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 2 months.
- Use ½ tsp of this powder for 2 cups of Indian masala chai.
- Recipe of Masala Chai Here.