If you ever ask me about my one favourite meal of the day, then my answer would always be – Breakfast! Take a good sleep at night and the minute you wake up, your tummy grumbles for some enriching meal as a fuel, right? What better than gorging on a plateful of piping hot meal that keeps you going throughout the day, eh? While living in the US, a few years back, I couldn’t help but fall for making quick breakfast like Pumpkin Pie Smoothie, Pumpkin Pie Pancakes and more, but after coming to Bangalore and getting more time on hand, our breakfast options have become more Indianized. And Parathas, people, have become my best bet when it comes to filling, salubrious and delicious breakfast. Serve Masala Paratha, Palak Paneer Paratha to your clan and trust me, they would cheer for you throughout the day and why not? Also, the other day, when I prepared Chatpata Paratha Recipe, they couldn’t help but ask for its extra serving with fresh curd thrice, ha!
Chatpata Paratha Recipe is a lip-smacking Indian flatbread prepared by using a delicious combination of flour and tangy spices. From red chilli powder, garam masala powder, fennel powder, ajwain till amchoor powder, Chatpata Paratha Recipe has the perfect blend of masalas and crunch that makes your day.
You could serve piping hot Chatpata Paratha Recipe with a bowl of fresh curd or chutneys or like my sunny boy, you could slurp it with ketchup. So, quickly note down its recipe and make it pretty soon?
Chatpata Paratha Recipe
Chatpata Paratha Recipe
- Whole wheat flour - 2 cups
- Ghee - 2 tbsp
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Amchoor powder - 2 tsp
- Garam masala powder - ¼ tsp
- Fennel powder - 1 tsp
- Ajwain - 2 tsp
- Oil for frying
- Add whole wheat flour and ghee in a bowl.
- Mix well using your fingers.
- Add salt, red chilli powder, amchoor powder, garam masala powder, fennel powder and ajwain and mix well.
- Add water and knead a soft dough.
- Cover the dough and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Heat a griddle.
- Make lemon size balls from the dough.
- Dust and roll the dough ball to make a 4 inch circle.
- Apply oil on the circle.
- Fold the sides to bring them to centre.
- Apply oil again and then fold the dough to ⅓ rd and then again till the end.
- Dust and roll again to make a 5 inch square.
- Transfer the paratha on the hot griddle.
- Cook until brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Apply oil and cook again until nicely browned.
- Keep pressing the paratha with the back of a ladle while cooking.
- Serve hot with tea or any curry.