Sukhi Arbi is a palate tickling starter or a main course that you can serve any day, any time. As Arbi is very salubrious, I love making this dish as often as I can. So, here’s how to make this amazing Arbi at home!
Benefits of eating Arbi:
– Arbi is very good for the process of digestion.
– Moreover, it also contains vitamin C and vitamin E which act as antioxidants.
– The best thing about Arbi is that it has zero cholesterol. So, you can eat it without feeling health pangs!
– Arbi also controls the levels of blood sugar. Also, it is healthy for the heart and and eyes.
– Wish to lose weight? Eat more Arbi. Yes, people, it helps a lot for weight loss.
– Furthermore, Arbi helps our immune system and also ensures smooth blood circulation.
– Moreover, whenever you feel tired or fatigued, eating Arbi really helps a lot.
Sukhi Arbi Recipe
Chatpati Sukhi Arbi is a crisp fried cutlet made with colacasia dipped in yoghurt. It makes for a great appetizer or an accompaniment to the meal.
- 500 g Arbi / Colocasia
- 1/2 cup Yogurt
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp Red chilli powder
- 2 tsp Coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala powder
- 1/2 tsp Fennel powder
- 1/2 tsp Amchoor /Dry mango powder
- 1 tsp Ajwain /Carom seeds
- 5 tbsp Oil
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- Fresh coriander for garnishing
- Wash the arbi and cook it in a pressure pan till just done.
- Do not over cook as it will become mushy.
- Remove the peel and slightly press the arbi between your palms.
- Mix yogurt, salt, red chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, fennel powder and amchoor in a bowl.
- Heat oil in a not stick fry pan.
- Add ajwain when the oil is hot.
- Dip the flattened arbi in the yogurt mixture and arrange them in the pan in a single layer.
- Simmer the heat to low.
- Cover the pan and cook the arbi till brown and crisp from one side.
- Flip the arbi and let them brown on the other side as well.
- Remove the arbi on the serving platter.
- Sprinkle lemon juice and coriander on top.
- Serve hot with rice or phulke.
Are you making this recipe? I LOVE to see your creations so snap a photo and tag Whiskaffair on Instagram with the hashtag #Whiskaffair and please give a star rating below ★. You can follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for more such easy recipes.