Chicken Wontons in Chili Broth is a delicious Chinese main course option. make it this week and enjoy with family and friends. Here is how to make them.
About this recipe
Wontons are an important part of the Chinese Cuisine. Stuffed with toothsome filling of spices, these are first steamed and then boiled in a broth or a soup and served along with it. I am saying this from my experience that these are really easy to prepare and serve.
To make these wontons, I used minced chicken, onions, garlic, spring onion greens and mushroom- the usual veggies used for Chinese preparations for the filling which complemented the sauces very well.
I steamed the Wontons with the help of a steamer so that they remain succulent and palatable. For the broth, I experimented with Chili Oil, Chicken Stock and Oyster Sauce and the result was nothing but amazing.
I fell in love with its mildly sweet and spicy flavor. In case you wish to try a vegetarian version of this dish then you could use the veggies that I have suggested and still make the dish equally tastier.
You can also serve these Wontons along with Schezwan Fried Rice and Hakka Noodles, and your meal for the day would certainly taste yummier.
These are even perfect as a quick party snack.
So, instead of going to a lavish restaurant for a Chinese meal, I recommend that you at least once try out these easy to make Chinese dishes at home and savor them with joy.
Here is how to make Homemade Wonton Wrappers
Chicken Wontons in Chili Broth
For the filling
- 200 g Chicken mince
- 1/4 cup Onion (Finely chopped)
- 4-5 cloves Garlic (Minced)
- 1/4 cup Mushroom (Finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp Spring onion greens (Finely chopped)
- 1 tsp Dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp Brown sugar
- 2 tsp Rice wine vinegar
- 20-25 Wonton Wrappers
For the Broth
- 2 cups Chicken stock
- 2 tsp Soy sauce
- 1 tsp Oyster sauce
- 2 tsp Red chilli oil
- Add chicken mince, onion, garlic, mushroom, spring onion greens, soy sauce, brown sugar and rice wine vinegar in a bowl and mix well.
- Place a wonton wrapper on a clean work station and keep a tsp of filling in the centre of it.
- Apply water on the edges and bring the edges together to make a triangle.
- Apply water again on the edges and bring the two ends of the triangle to over lap each other.
- Make all the Wontons in the same manner.
- Keep the steamer over heat and let the water in it come to boil.
- Arrange the wontons on the tray of the steamer in single layer.
- Steam the wontons for 8-10 minutes or until cooked.
- Meanwhile, mix the ingredients to make the sauce in a pan and bring to a boil.
- Add the wontons in the broth and cook for a minute.
- Garnish with fresh coriander and serve hot.