Indo Chinese Mushroom Stuffed Buns is a delicious Chinese flavored bread recipe that is perfect to serve as evening snacks. Here is how to make it.
Mushrooms are usually an acquired taste, not relished by many. But, we often forget that they are a rich source of protein and other essential vitamins.
Every 100gms of mushrooms contains approximately 3g of protein.
They’re a good alternative to those who don’t prefer eggs. But worry not!
There are some interesting dishes to prepare with mushrooms, like the Lemony Garlic Mushroom Spaghetti, Mushroom in Honey and Chilli Sesame Sauce or the egg macaroni recipe.
One other go-to recipe is the Chinese Mushroom Stuffed Buns.
These Mushroom and Egg Buns can prove to be both filling and healthy, they can be served as an evening snack and your kids are going to love you for this.
You can also try Chicken Stuffed Buns or Potato and Raisins Stuffed Teddy Buns for some other interesting evening-snack recipes.
You might also like
Mushroom Stuffed Buns Recipe
- 1/2 tsp Active Dry Yeast
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 1/4 cup Warm water
- 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Sesame Seeds
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 tsp Ginger (Finely Chopped)
- 3 tsp Garlic (Finely Chopped)
- 1/2 cup Onion (Finely Chopped)
- 1 Green Chilli (Finely Chopped)
- 1 cup Mushroom (Finely Chopped)
- 4 Eggs
- 1/2 tsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tsp Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Pepper Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 3 tsp Spring Onion Greens (Chopped)
- Combine yeast with 3 tbsp of warm water and sugar.
- Cover it and keep aside for 10 minutes for yeast to bloom.
- Add yeast mixture to all purpose flour and whole wheat flour along with salt and butter.
- Knead for 7-8 mins into a soft dough.
- Don’t add all the water at once.
- Cover the dough with a damp cloth and keep aside for 1 hour till the dough becomes double in size.
- Meanwhile for stuffing, heat oil in a pan.
- Add ginger and garlic to hot oil.
- Saute for few seconds.
- Add onions and green chillies and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add mushrooms to pan along with 3 eggs.
- Scramble the eggs on high flame.
- Add all the sauces, salt, pepper powder and garam masala.
- Give it a quick mix and switch off the flame.
- Mix spring onion greens.
- Let the filling to cool down.
- Mix 1 egg with 2 tsp of water and keep aside for brushing on top of the buns.
- Punch the dough once and divide it into four portions.
- Roll the dough ball using dry flour into 6 cm diameter.
- Place some filling in the centre and gather the edges to seal it and make a nice bun.
- Let the stuffed buns rest covered with a damp cloth for 15-20 mins for proofing.
- Meanwhile preheat your oven to 200°C.
- Brush top of the buns with egg and water mixture to avoid drying of the top.
- Put some garlic and sesame seeds on top of each bun.
- Bake at 200°C for 25 mins.
- Once the top is golden, take out the buns and brush the top with some butter.
- Serve with momos chutney or as it is.