This is one of the best savory that you can serve with tea, also its preparation is very easy! This spicy salty dry mixture involves the preparation and frying of different ingredients, which are brought together to create Chivda Namkeen.
About This Recipe
This savory snack is made with beaten rice called Poha. This is a very good option for evening snacks. This fried snack gets its taste from multiple spices and herbs used while making it.
Serve this namkeen along with a cup of hot tea. You can also keep it on the table for munching through the day
- 4 cups Medium thin poha
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 5-6 Green chilies (slit into halves)
- ½ cup Peanuts
- ¼ tsp Hing
- 25-30 Curry leaves
- 2 tbsp Sesame seeds
- 1 tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Citric acid
- 2 tsp Sugar (Powdered)
- ½ tsp Turmeric powder
- ½ tsp Red chili powder
- Grind salt with citric acid to make a fine powder.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add green chilies.
- Fry till chilies are crispy.
- Add peanuts and fry for a minute.
- Add heeng, curry leaves and fry for 30 seconds.
- Add sesame seeds and fry for a minute.
- Add poha, salt and citric acid, powdered sugar, turmeric powder and red chili powder.
- Simmer the heat to low.
- Fry for 25-30 minutes till poha is crispy.
- Remove from heat.
- Store in an airtight container.