Chocolate Chip Cookies are among the baked goodies that I make regularly but never get a chance to take pictures of. We love them straight out of the oven and nobody in my house is ready to wait so that I can take my clicks. They want the cookies warm and fresh. So this time when my kiddo was in his school and hubby in his office, I specially made a batch just so I could share these delicious delights with you all. The cookies are very easy to make and turns out wonderful every time. They are probably the best Chocolate Chip Cookies I have ever eaten. Crispy on the outside and soft and chewy in the center, these are the perfect American style cookies. Although easier to buy from outside, it is healthy and very delectable when prepared at home. Peanut Butter Cookies and Nankatais make other great munching options.
You may even keep a jarful of Chocolate Chip Cookies ready and serve these yummy, chocolaty bakes with a glass of milk during supper. It makes up as a filling snack. If given an option out of various snacks, my kid would always pick up Chocolate Chip Cookies for himself. To try out something new, you can even sandwich a slice of vanilla ice-cream on Chocolate Chip Cookies and eat it as dessert, I have tried this combination many times and it tastes splendid. BTW, for the starters, here’s a quick recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookies, do make them soon, your family’s already waiting!
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- All purpose flour - 2 cups
- Baking soda - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - 1/4 tsp
- Unsalted butter - 150 gm melted and cooled till warm
- Brown sugar - 3/4 cup
- Granulated sugar - 1/2 cup
- Egg - 1 plus a yolk.
- Vanilla extract - 1 tsp
- Chocolate chips - 1 cup
- Pre heat the oven to 160 degrees C.
- Line two baking trays with parchment paper.
- Mix all purpose flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
- Whisk butter and sugar for 3-4 minutes with your electric beater on medium speed.
- Add egg and egg yolk and mix well.
- Add vanilla extract and mix.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix till just combined. ( Do not over mix )
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Drop small lemon size balls on the cookie sheet using a cookie scoop or a spoon leaving 2 inch space between each scoop.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes in the middle rack, until the sides are slightly browned.
- Remove from oven and cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes.
- Transfer on a cooling rack and cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container for 2 days.
- These cookies are best eaten the same day.