Just the mention of Chocolate Chip Pound Cake makes me upbeat and eager to relish it! It is so succulent and chocolaty that its single morsel would perk you up after a stressful day at work or home. Its recipe is almost same like that of Pistachio Pound Cake or Vanilla Pound Cake but chocolate chips completely make this cake more irresistible. Chocolate Chip Pound Cake is somewhat buttery and addictive as well! After all, who can refrain from a drizzle of chocolate ganache which adds more awesomeness to this cake? I make sure to bake a huge stock of Chocolate Chip Pound Cake whenever I prepare it.
Also, unlike serving regular breakfast to my guests, I feel like treating them with their choice of beverage and a warm slice of freshly baked Chocolate Chip Pound Cake. It not only uplifts their mood but they also feel good for having tried a new delicacy. Filled with soft, buttery crumbs moist with chocolaty burst in every bite, this cake literally tastes like ambrosia! Eat it as a dessert or feast on it during the high tea, you don’t a reason to relish Chocolate Chip Pound Cake, right?
Now that you’re already drooling because of Chocolate Chip Pound Cake, why don’t you note down its simple recipe and bake its fresh batch for yourself?
Chocolate Chip Pound Cake Recipe
Chocolate Chip Pound Cake
- All purpose flour - 215 g
- Baking powder - 1 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Unsalted butter - 225 g room temperature
- Granulated sugar - 200 g
- Eggs - 3 room temperature
- Vanilla extract - 1 tsp
- Chocolate chips - 1/2 cup
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degree C.
- Grease and line a loaf pan.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt and keep aside.
- Whisk butter and sugar in a bowl till light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time and mix well after each addition.
- Add vanilla extract and mix well.
- Add flour mixture and gently fold until combined.
- Fold the chocolate chips.
- Transfer the batter in the prepared pan.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes until a tooth pick comes out clean.
- Cover the top of the cake with an Aluminium foil at around 30 minutes if it starts to brown fast from the top.
- Remove the pan from the oven.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 5 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the pan and cool on a wire rack.
- Drizzle chocolate ganache on top if you wish.
- Cut into slices and serve.