Chocolate Chip Pound Cake is a moist and easy to make loaf in which chocolate chips are added to the classic pound cake. It’s best to make at home from scratch. Here is how to make it.
Just the mention of Chocolate Chip Pound Cake makes me upbeat and eager to relish it!
It is so succulent and chocolaty that its single morsel would perk you up after a stressful day at work or home.
Anything that has chocolate can light up one’s mood and when it is a Choco Chip Pound Cake, it’s even better.
These cakes are so irresistible, that you won’t ever go to the store-bought ones.
So whenever there are guests at my home, I make one of these cakes for breakfast turn by turn and it has always been a hit.
This cake is also a great option to serve to your sudden guests along with your favorite cup of beverage or make for your loved one’s birthday.
What is Chocolate Chip Pound Cake?
Filled with soft and buttery crumbs and a chocolaty burst in every bite, this loaf of Pound Cake is everything you need for your next celebration.
You don’t need any fancy ingredient for this cake and this turns out to be the softest and buttery cake ever.
The ingredients you need for this cake are – all-purpose flour, baking soda, salt, unsalted butter, eggs, granulated sugar, vanilla extract, yogurt, and chocolate chips.
Make sure that you use good quality chocolate chips, for the best pound cake.
I’ve always been a huge fan of pound cake and when there are mini chocolate chips in it, I love it even more!
You can even add in pecans or almonds for extra crunch.
Also, this incredible pound cake has a drizzle of chocolate ganache, which makes it even more delicious and every bite will make you fall in love with this.
You can store this cake at room temperature for about 3 days in an airtight container.
If you want to cut it into slices, then wrap each slice in plastic wrap and store it over the counter for 3-4 days.
This Choco Chip Pound Cake freezes beautifully as well.
Let the cake cool down completely and then wrap it well in plastic, then wrap it again in foil and place it in an airtight container or bag for about 2 months.
You can freeze it without the chocolate ganache. Drizzle chocolate ganache when you want to serve it.
You might also like
Step By Step Recipe
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Grease and dust a loaf pan.
In the bowl of your electric mixer, whisk butter and sugar until light and fluffy. ( Approx 5-6 minutes on medium-high speed ).
Add eggs, one at a time and mix well after each addition.
Add vanilla extract, yogurt and mix well. Now add flour, baking soda, and chocolate chips and fold until combined.
Pour the batter in the prepared pan. Bake for 55-60 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
Remove the cake from the pan and let it cool on a wire rack. Cut into slices and serve.
Chocolate Chip Pound Cake Recipe
- 1 cup Unsalted Butter (room temperature)
- 1 and 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 3 Eggs (room temperature)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Yogurt
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips
- Pre heat the oven to 350 Degrees F (180 degree C).
- Grease and line a 9 inch loaf pan.
- Whisk butter and sugar in a bowl till light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time and mix well after each addition.
- Add vanilla extract and yogurt and mix well.
- Now add flour, baking powder, baking soda and chocolate chips and gently fold until combined.
- Transfer the batter in the prepared pan.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes until a tooth pick comes out clean.
- Cover the top of the cake with an Aluminium foil at around 30 minutes if it starts to brown fast from the top.
- Remove the pan from the oven.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 5 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the pan and cool on a wire rack.
- Drizzle chocolate ganache on top if you wish.
- Cut into slices and serve.