These Chocolate Coffee Muffins are deliciously soft & moist and the best part is that these are super easy and simple to make as well. Pair them with your daily espresso coffee or serve them in breakfast.
If you love coffee and chocolate combination, then you’re in for a special treat today. Here I show you how to make Chocolate Coffee Muffins using Espresso Coffee. Yes, you heard it right. This dish is perfect for those lazy weekend mornings when you have difficulty getting your family out of bed. Just sneak in some chocolate and coffee flavors for breakfast and they’ll be out of bed before you know, just like instant coffee which does the wonders.
This muffin resembles the kind you get at bakeries, with a big dome on top; soft, moist, chocolaty with a subtle flavor of coffee. It’s just the kind you’d want to pair with your cup of morning espresso coffee. You could use your Nespresso machine with gourmesso capsules compatible with nespresso machines or any other coffee machine to make that perfect espresso needed for these Chocolate Coffee Muffins. I used espresso coffee which by the way always has a great story associated with it; for a stronger flavor in muffins; interestingly it has been used since the nineteenth century as a beverage. The wonderful aroma of flour baking along with chocolate and espresso in the oven will energize for the day and voila! you would have perfect baked muffins ready in no time. Just cool them off and serve them fresh with your daily dose of coffee.
To make these muffins, we use basic baking ingredients which are available in most super markets near you. To top them up I used walnuts, chocolate chips and brown sugar, you may want to use alternative toppings like almond flakes, roasted pecans as well if you like. Brew your espresso coffee while you mix the ingredients so it can be added as fresh as possible. Once all ingredients are folded together, just pour the mixture batter into the muffin tray and wait for that wonderful aroma. Within few minutes the chocolate coffee muffins would be ready to serve.
While we’re at it, here is another muffin recipe you could try, Coffee and chocolate muffins with coffee glaze (this is for days when you need a little more coffee than others). But for now, without much ado, below is the recipe.
Chocolate Coffee Muffins
Chocolate Coffee Muffins
- All purpose flour - 1 and ½ cup
- Cocoa powder - ½ cup
- Baking powder - ½ tsp
- Baking soda - ¾ tsp
- Instant coffee powder - 2 tsp
- Salt - ¼ tsp
- Unsalted butter - 120 g ( melted and cooled )
- Granulated sugar - ½ cup
- Brown sugar - ½ cup
- Eggs - 2
- Espresso Coffee - ¼ cup
- Milk - ½ cup
- Vanilla extract - 1 tsp
- Walnuts - ½ cup ( Chopped )
- Chocolate Chips - ¼ cup
- For topping
- Brown sugar - 2 tbsp
- Walnuts - 2 tbsp ( Chopped )
- Chocolate chips - 2 tbsp
- Mix brown sugar, walnuts and chocolate chips in the bowl for the topping.
- Keep aside.
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Line a muffin tray with muffin liners.
- Mix flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, instant coffee powder and salt in a bowl.
- Mix butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs, espresso coffee, milk and vanilla extract in another bowl.
- Mix dry ingredients with wet ingredients.
- Fold in the walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter in the muffin liners until they are ¾th full.
- Sprinkle the topping mixture on top.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until the tooth pick comes out clean.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let the muffins cool on a wire rack.