Chocolate and Orange Marble Loaf Cake
- Dark chocolate - 115 g
- Milk - 1/4 cup
- All purpose flour - 200 g
- Baking powder - 2 tsp
- Salt - 1/4 tsp
- Unsalted butter - 115 g
- Sugar - 150 g
- Eggs - 2
- Curd - 1/4 cup
- Fresh orange juice - 1/4 cup
- Zest of one orange
- Vanilla extract - 1/2 tsp
- Pre heat an oven to 180 degrees C.
- Grease and line a bread pan.
- Mix chocolate and milk in a pan and heat till chocolate is melted and dissolved in milk. Whisk together all purpose flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Beat butter and sugar in a bowl with the electric blender till light and fluffy. ( Approx 3-4 minutes on high speed )
- Add egg, one at a time and blend well.
- Add 1/3 rd of the flour to the bowl and mix.
- Add orange juice and mix.
- Add half of the remaining flour and mix.
- Add curd and mix. Add the remaining flour and mix.
- Pour half of the batter in the bowl with chocolate and mix well.
- In the remaining batter, add orange zest and vanilla extract. Pour half of the chocolate batter in the prepared pan.
- Pour the orange vanilla batter on top of it.
- Finally pour the remaining chocolate batter on top. Swirl a little with a knife. ( do not over swirl ) Bake the cake for 25-30 minutes or till a knife comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven. Let it cool in the pan for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and cool on a cooling rack.