Cilantro Lime Quinoa is a healthy, refreshing side dish which tastes superb and makes up for a filling breakfast as well! Here is how to make it.
Quinoa is considered to be in the good books of all the fitness enthusiasts. Being high on fiber, protein and as quinoa is enriched with all the nine amino acids, it is too good to be not included in one’s diet.
Apart from being very nutritious, quinoa is glutten-free and has a very low glycemic index which helps in keeping blood sugar under control. The good news is that quinoa even helps in reducing weight – all the more reason to eat it, right?
I always keep a pack of quinoa at home. I always keep a pack of quinoa at my home, because be it for breakfast or for salads, quinoa always comes to my rescue! While Quinoa based recipes a regular at my home, with some fresh cilantro available at home, so I made this refreshing recipe
It indeed turned out to be an interesting and healthy side dish. In order to lend a refreshing flavor to this recipe, I added lemon juice, veg stock, garlic, onion as well.
Whenever you feel like eating something light yet tasty, you could definitely prepare this without a doubt. I really enjoyed munching this refreshing cilantro, quinoa and lime delight.
Do prepare this delicious side dish for a quick breakfast and serve a healthy meal to your family, here’s its recipe for you all:
You might also like
Cilantro Lime Quinoa
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp Garlic (Chopped)
- 1/2 cup Onion (Chopped)
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- 2 cups Veg stock
- 3 tbsp Cilantro (Chopped)
- Wash the quinoa and soak in enough water for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Once the oil is hot, add garlic and fry for a few seconds.
- Add onion and fry till translucent.
- Drain the quinoa and add it in the pan along with lemon juice, salt and veg stock and cover and cook until done on low heat.
- Remove the pan from heat and let the quinoa rest for 10 minutes.
- Add cilantro and mix gently..
- Serve as a side dish.