If you have a sweet tooth then you would totally relate with what I am about to say! There are several days in a week when you feel like munching on a nibble of something sweet be it post dinner or lunch. This happens with me all the time. I feel like my meal is incomplete without a bite of something sweet. That’s the reason why I always store a jarful of cookies at my home. But, then, I tend to get all creative when it comes to making something quick and sweet. And that’s when easy dessert recipes like Shahi Tukda and Coconut Bread Rolls appear as a boon on a rather dull day.
Coconut Bread Rolls are little packs of goodness and delight filled with the flavours of coconut and subtle fluff of bread. Prepared simply by using all-purpose flour, coconut milk, and sugar, Coconut Bread Rolls easily satiate your craving for something sweet in a go.
Not only for a bite after dinner, for sudden sweet pangs, you can even relish Coconut Bread Rolls for breakfast or for supper with a brewing cup of coffee and tea, what say?
Wondering how to make Coconut Bread Rolls? Well, why don’t you read its recipe?
Coconut Bread Rolls
Coconut Bread Rolls
- Active dry yeast - 2 tsp
- Lukewarm water - ¼ cup
- Coconut milk - 1 cup plus ½ cup
- Unsalted butter - ¼ cup
- Sugar - ½ cup
- Salt - ½ tsp
- Egg - 1
- All purpose flour - 3 and ½ cup
- Mix warm water and yeast in a bowl and keep it aside for 10 minutes to bloom.
- Mix 1 cup coconut milk, unsalted butter, sugar and salt in a pan and cook until butter melts and everything comes together.
- Remove the pan from heat and let the mixture cool down to room temperature.
- Add the mixture in the yeast mixture and whisk for a minute.
- Add egg and whisk well.
- Add all-purpose flour and knead to make soft dough.
- Add some more flour if the dough is too sticky.
- Transfer the dough on a lightly floured surface and knead for 10-12 minutes.
- Grease a bowl and transfer the dough in it and cover with a cloth.
- Keep the bowl in a warm place for an hour or until the dough doubles in size.
- Punch the dough gently and divide it into 11 equal parts.
- Shape each part into a ball.
- Grease a 12 inch baking pan and arrange the balls in it.
- Cover the pan with a cloth and let the dough rise again for 30 minutes.
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Pour ½ cup coconut milk in the pan from the sides.
- Brush the top of the role with coconut milk and sprinkle some sugar on top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until nicely browned.
- You can also change the setting of your oven to only heat from top for last 5 minutes to get a lovely brown crust.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- Serve warm.
- Tips - Make sure to use good quality yeast. Keep changing your stash of yeast after every few days.
- Make sure the water is lukewarm and not too hot, otherwise it will kill the yeast.