Doodhiya Gajar Matar is a unique recipe that is tasty, healthy and flavorful. Made with carrots and peas in a milk based gravy, the recipe has a mild, spicy taste. Carrots and peas are high on nutrients, and on days when the entire family gathers, this dish makes a great addition, rather than just as simple salad.
Carrots are often eaten mainly raw and not cooked. Their nutrient content is high when eaten in their natural state, but they also go well with other veggies like potato, palak and peas. Carrots can either be used in pickle recipes such as Gajar, Gobi or Shalgam Ka Achaar or desserts like Chocolate and Pecan Carrot Cake with Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting.
Recipe to make Doodhiya Gajar Matar
Doodhiya Gajar Matar
Dudhiya Gajar Matar is a dry Indian dish that is tasty, healthy and flavorful. Made with carrots and peas in a milk based gravy, the recipe has a mild, spicy taste.
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 2 tsp Ginger Grated
- 10-12 cloves Garlic Chopped
- 3-4 Green chili Slit into halves
- 250 g Carrot Cut into small pieces
- 1 cup Peas
- 500 ml Milk
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala powder
- 2 tsp Kasuri methi
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Once the oil is hot, add ginger, garlic and green chilies and fry for a few seconds.
- Add carrot, peas and milk and cook on medium heat uncovered until carrots are done and almost all of the milk is reduced.
- Add turmeric powder, salt, garam masala powder and kauri methi and cook until all the milk is reduced and the vegetable is dry.
- Bhuno ( Fry ) for a few more minutes.
- Serve hot with dal and Phulke.