A sizzling combination of sauteed prawns, umpteen sauces and fresh greens onions, Dry Chilli Prawns is very appetizing. Here is a simple recipe of how to make chilli prawns at home.
What are the benefits of eating prawns?
Considered to be an excellent source of selenium, prawns help in curing cancer. It also helps in improving the circulation of blood, controls the pressure of blood and even contains protein that acts as building blocks for the body.
Moreover, prawns also have a good amount of calcium, that enhances the health of bones and teeth. It also helps in curing umpteen skin diseases as it is loaded with Vitamin-E. But, best of all, it being loaded with vitamin B-12, it helps in maintaining the complete wellness of the body.
So, more often that not, prawns happen to be one of my most favourites ingredients when it comes to making non-vegetarian fare. Some of my all time cherished prawn based recipes include Herb Garlic Roasted Prawns, Grilled Sambhal Prawns, and even Chilli Prawns after recently trying it.
What is Chilli Prawns?
A sizzling combination of sauteed prawns, umpteen sauces and fresh greens, Chilli Prawns is very appetizing! If you are a fan of Chinese food, you are sure to love this completely different take on prawns without a doubt!
So, the coming weekend, do plan out an exclusive Chinese meal for your family and make sure that you even serve them this fingerlicking Dry Prawn Chilli which is both delicious and wholesome! Here’s how to make it:
How to make Crispy Chilli Prawns?
Chilli Prawns Recipe
Dry Prawn Chilli
A sizzling combination of finely sauteed prawns, umpteen sauces and fresh greens onions, Dry Prawn Chilli is very appetizing.
- 400 g Medium sized prawns
- 1/2 Egg
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper powder
- 2 tbsp Maida
- 2 tbsp Cornflour
- 1 tsp Soy sauce
- Vegetable oil For frying
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- 1 cup Onion Finely chopped
- 2 tsp Garlic Finely chopped
- 2 tsp Ginger Finely chopped
- 1 cup Capsicum Cubed
- 5-6 Green chillies Slit into half
- 1 Chicken Stock cube
- 2 tsp Soy sauce
- 2 tsp Red chilli sauce
- 1 tsp Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Spring Onion greens Chopped
- 2-3 Lemon wedges
- Wash and clean the prawns and tap them dry using a kitchen towel.
- Add prawns in a bowl along with egg, salt, black pepper powder, maida, cornflour and 1 tsp soy sauce.
- Let the prawns marinate for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil for frying in a pan.
- When the oil is hot, add the prawns and fry until nicely browned.
- Drain and keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a wok.
- Add onion, ginger and garlic and fry on high heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add capsicum and green chillies and fry for another minute.
- Crumble the chicken stock cube.
- Add soy sauce, red chilli sauce and vinegar along with 1/2 cup of water and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the prawns and toss them in the masala.
- Garnish with spring onion greens.
- Keep the lemon wedges on the side.
- Serve immediately.
Are you making this recipe? I LOVE to see your creations so snap a photo and tag Whiskaffair on Instagram with the hashtag #Whiskaffair and please give a star rating below ★. You can follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for more such easy recipes.