Step By Step Easy Chocolate Mocha Coffee Cake Recipe with Walnut Streusel Topping
Summer is on us and almost everyone is up for a long, pacifying vacation, aren’t we? So, while we are still planning one with our families and friends, after days of back to back work, why not have these discussions over a drooling and easy to make Easy Chocolate Mocha Coffee Cake. Chocolate and Coffee combination generally goes pretty well together, and so did it in this easy to bake Coffee Cake recipe. You can vary the flavours according to individual tastes and they are a perfect baking recipe for breakfast or high tea. Here in this baking recipe I also used Walnut Streusel topping which complements the cake and add a bit of crunch to every bite.
While there are many recipes for Chocolate Cakes and Coffee cakes, this Easy Chocolate Mocha Coffee Cake Recipe with Walnut Streusel topping is a tempting blend of some of the finest ingredients baked together with perfection and perfectly goes with tea or coffee. To brew your espresso, you could use Gourmesso coffee capsules in your favourite nespresso machine or just use one which makes you your perfect espresso every day.
For making this delicious cake, all you need to do is nicely mix wheat flour, all purpose flour, cocoa powder, coffee powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a small bowl. Once that gets done, you could assemble it with the luscious streusel of walnut. Pre heat your oven, beat sugar and butter and enjoy the process of baking.
Trust me, this soothing combination of chocolate coffee and walnut combination tastes so wonderful that be it kids or adults, every one of them is bound to trip over Easy Chocolate Mocha Coffee Cake Recipe with Walnut Streusel topping without a doubt.
Quickly note down this step-by-step guide for making the same and bake it away this summer and while you are at it, here is another soft and moist cake recipe with a crunch of Pecan in this Pecan Bundt Cake. Enjoy this delicious cake within minutes.
Easy Chocolate Mocha Coffee Cake Recipe with Walnut Streusel Topping
Easy Chocolate Mocha Coffee Cake Recipe
- For the cake
- Dark chocolate - 200 g ( Chopped )
- Espresso - ¼ cup
- Whole Wheat Flour - 1 and ½ cups
- All purpose flour - ¼ cup
- Cocoa powder - ¼ cup
- Instant coffee powder - 1 tbsp
- Baking powder - 1 and ½ tsp
- Baking soda - 1 and ½ tsp
- Salt - ¼ tsp
- Unsalted Butter - 150 g ( At room temperature )
- Brown Sugar - 1 cup
- Eggs - 2
- Vanilla extract - 1 tsp
- For streusel topping
- Whole wheat flour - ½ cup
- Plain Oats - ¼ cup
- Brown sugar - ¾ cup
- Unsalted butter - ½ cup ( Cold and cut into small cubes )
- Cinnamon powder - 1 tsp
- Walnuts - ½ cup ( Chopped )
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Line a 9 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Grease the sides with butter.
- Mix the ingredients for the streusel topping in a bowl.
- Crumble the ingredients together with your fingers and keep aside.
- Heat dark chocolate and espresso in a pan.
- Whisk continuously until chocolate melts and the mixture is uniform.
- Keep the mixture aside.
- Mix whole wheat flour, all purpose flour, cocoa powder, coffee powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
- Keep aside.
- Whisk butter and sugar in a bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time and whisk well after each addition.
- Add vanilla extract and whisk well.
- Add the dark chocolate and espresso mixture in the batter and whisk well.
- Add the dry ingredients mixture and mix gently.
- Pour the batter in the prepared pan.
- Spread the streusel topping on top and press gently.
- Bake the cake for 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let the cake cool for 10 minutes.
- Remove the cake on a cooling rack and cool completely.
- Cut into slices and serve.
Step By Step recipe to make Easy Chocolate Mocha Coffee Cake Recipe
You might also like this delicious Coffee Flavoured Coffee Cake by Saffron Trail.