Weather has started to change. There is a slight nip in the air and the days have become considerably shorter. It’s just 5 in the evening and it’s time to already call it a day. One of these days and I was craving for some warm and quick to make dessert. Fig Blueberry Galette came to my mind. The pastry comes together in just 2 minutes and is perfectly flaky and crisp. Had a few figs lying in the fridge and so they went into the topping for Fig Blueberry Galette. I made a batch of blueberry preserve a few days back and it made the perfect base for the galette. The combination of blueberry and figs worked like a charm and the flaky crust was the gem on top. Just a dusting of sugar on top and this was all I need to fix my sweet tooth.
Fig Blueberry Galette…If you want to sort your breakfast, then you can make Spinach and Mushroom Galette any day! Whenever you crave for a quick dessert, Fig Blueberry Galette provides an ultimate satiation. Super easy to make, here’s a simple guide for making Fig Blueberry Galette from scratch:
Fig Blueberry Galette
Fig and Blueberry Galette
- For the crust
- All purpose flour - 2.5 cups
- Castor sugar - 2 tbsp
- Unsalted butter - 225 g ( cold and cut into 1 cm cubes )
- Ice cold water - 4 tbsp
- For the filling
- Blueberries - 1 cups
- Sugar - ½ cup
- A pinch of salt
- Lemon juice - 1 tsp
- or you can use canned preserve
- Figs - 10 - 12 ( cut into quarters )
- Granulated sugar - 1 tsp
- For the crust
- Put the plastic blade in your food processor.
- Add all purpose flour, sugar and butter to it.
- Pulse together till butter is blended into the flour and the mixture is crumbly with some of the butter pieces the size of peas.
- Add water one tablespoon at a time and pulse just until the flour comes together.
- Remove the flour on the work surface and bring it together and make a ball.
- Divide the dough into two halves.
- Flatten each half a little bit.
- Cover each half with a cling wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- For the blueberry sauce
- Crush half of the blueberries with a potato masher.
- Add them in a pan.
- Add the remaining blueberries, sugar and lemon juice.
- Cook till thickened.
- Keep stirring in between.
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degree C.
- Lay parchment paper on your counter top.
- Slightly flour it and roll one of the dough into a 8-10 inch disc on the paper ( I rolled the dough directly on my counter top and it was very difficult to transfer my galette to the baking tray )
- Leaving 2 inch space , spread half of the blueberry sauce on the pastry.
- Top it with half of the figs.
- Sprinkle half of the sugar on the figs.
- Fold the sides of the pastry with your finger tips.
- It need not to be very smooth.
- Make both the galettes in the same manner.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes, till the pastry is slightly brown.
- Dust with powdered sugar.
- Serve hot.