Waking up to the smell of cinnamon wafting in your entire house, coffee brewing on the side and a wonderful hug from your loved ones, doesn’t this sound magical? I woke up to this magical morning today and my entire day was gone soaking the beauty of life, and I again thanked god for whatever I have got.
I have learned to bake just a few years back and French Breakfast Muffins are one of my favorite bakes. Very soft and moist and cinnamon’y’, I can eat them every single day.
The crunch from the sugar topping gives French Breakfast Muffins a new dimension. While these are my absolute favorite, I have also tried my hand at other muffins such as Strawberry Muffins With Almond Streusel Topping, Coffee And Chocolate Muffins With Coffee Glaze and Orange, Pineapple and Walnut Muffins.
Muffins are basically spongy cake shaped in a doom and it is made by using eggs as well as baking powder. Though French Breakfast Muffins can be eaten as dessert for with coffee/tea during supper, but they taste superb when they are baked fresh and eaten for dessert.
Here’s an easy and simple way for baking French Breakfast Muffins, read it and do bake fresh French Breakfast Muffins soon!
French Breakfast Muffins Recipe
French Breakfast Muffins
- 75 gms Unsalted butter
- ½ cup Powdered sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 and ½ cup All purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 pinch Nutmeg powder
- ½ cup Milk
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla extract
- ¼ cup Melted butter
- ¼ cup Granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon Cinnamon powder
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Grease or line a muffin tray.
- In a bowl, sift all purpose flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg.
- Beat butter and sugar in bowl till light and fluffy and pale in color.
- Add the egg and mix well.
- Add ½ of the flour and mix.
- Add the milk and mix.
- Add vanilla extract and mix.
- Add the remaining flour and mix till the mixture comes together. ( Do not over mix at this stage )
- Pour the batter int the muffin cups until they are ⅔rd full.
- Bake until golden brown. ( Approx 20-25 minutes )
- While the muffins are baking, heat the melted butter.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon powder.
- When the muffins are done, remove them from the pan and roll the top in the melted butter.
- Immediately roll them in the cinnamon sugar.
- Serve warm.