Everyone eats fruits. Besides the obvious health benefits, fruits also give us a sugar high and can be addictive. It is better to snack on them than readymade foods like desserts, pastries, and chocolates. Although fruits like apples, grapes and bananas can be enjoyed just as is, they taste even better when put together and spiced up.
Fruit Skewers with Honey Vanilla Yogurt Dip is a different way of presenting fruits. Threading them in skewers and drizzling them with some chocolate is a very good option for children’s parties or even a quick party you may have arranged. They are healthy, fulfill sweet cravings and are guilt-free. Kids can be convinced to make their own Fruit Skewers with Honey Vanilla Yogurt Dip and then they relish them as well. Alternatively, if you intend using fruits, you can even try the Delhi Style Fruit Chaat or add them to your Fruit Raita. My son who is very specific about eating fruits eats both these dishes and when he is served Fruit Skewers with Honey Vanilla Yogurt Dip, then there is no turning back, the plate ends up looking all spic and span!
On weekends, when you have some time, go on a quick trip to the supermarket, buy some fresh, ripe fruits and prepare Fruit Skewers with Honey Vanilla Yogurt Dip without fail. Here’s its recipe:
Fruit Skewers with Honey Vanilla Yogurt Dip
- Black grapes
- Green grapes
- Bananas - cut into small pieces and dipped in orange juice
- Pineapple - cut into small pieces
- Orange slices
- Kiwi - cut into small pieces
- Wooden skewers
- Melted chocolate
- For the Honey vanilla yogurt dip
- Yogurt - 1 cup
- Honey - 2 tbsp
- Vanilla extract - 1/4 tsp
- Wash the fruits nicely and pat them dry with kitchen tissue.
- Cut into pieces if required.
- Thread the fruits in the wooden skewers and chill in refrigerator.
- Fill the melted chocolate in a piping bag and pipe over the cold fruits.
- For the honey vanilla yogurt dip
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Chill for a few hours.