The traditional Ginger Bread Loaf Cake for me is synonymous with happiness. Moist, spicy with the very flavor of the Christmas, this is a must make.
It’s the most wonderful time of the year. I am humming this right now and enjoying my slice of this delicious Ginger Bread Loaf Cake with a steaming cup of tea and wondering how true these lines are.
This time of the year takes you to a magical world where everything seems perfect and there is a genuine happiness around. I am getting totally engrossed in the festivities, and hoping to make the most of this wonderful time.
Ginger Bread Loaf Cake Recipe
Ginger Bread Loaf Cake
Ginger Bread Loaf Cake is a must have recipe for Christmas. Its the most wonderful time of the year!
- 1 and 1/2 cup All purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp Ginger ground
- 1 tsp Cloves ground
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 2-3 drops Lemon juice
- 115 gms Unsalted butter
- 1 cup Golden brown sugar packed and 1/2 cup
- 3 tbsp Water
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Grease and dust a 9 inch by 5 inch loaf pan.
- Mix all purpose flour, baking soda, ground cinnamon, ground ginger, ground cloves and salt in a bowl.
- Mix milk and lemon juice in a bowl.
- Mix 1/2 cup brown sugar and water in another bowl.
- Whisk butter and 1 cup brown sugar in a bowl till light and fluffy ( approx 5 minutes )
- Add the Brown sugar and water mixture and mix till combined.
- Add eggs, one at a time and mix well after each addition.
- Add the vanilla extract and mix well.
- Add half of the flour mixture and mix to combine.
- Add the milk and lemon mixture and mix till combine.
- Add the remaining flour and mix well.
- Pour the batter in the prepared pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, till a tooth pick comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven.
- Cool for 5 minutes in the tray.
- Transfer the loaf on a wire rack and cool.
- Dust with powdered sugar.
- Cut into slices and serve.