Gingerbread Granola is a Christmasy take on the regular granola with addition of Ginger Bread spices and Christmas colors from Pistachio and cranberries. It is crisp, subtly sweet, spiced and extremely nutritious. Since it is loaded with wonderful natural nuts and spices, it is nourishing, provide good fiber content and maintain satiety for a longer while.
Gingerbread Granola also makes for a lovely DIY Christmas Food Gift. Make a big batch and then pack some in small glass jar. tie up the jar with pretty ribbons and you have a beautiful Xmas gift ready.
This gingerbread flavored granola can be put together in minutes, and can be varied according to preference for particular dry fruits. For other variations on granola, try the Vanilla Coconut Granola recipe. You can have it with either milk or yogurt.
A few things to remember when preparing these granola
- Do not press the mixture too hard in the baking tray. Just spread it loosely.
- The wet ingredients help in keeping the dry ones together and making them crispy.
- Granola have to be stored in airtight, sealed containers to make it last longer.
Recipe to make Gingerbread Granola
Gingerbread Granola are health bars that make for perfect breakfast bites. They are crisp, subtly sweet, spiced and extremely nutritious.
- 4 cups Rolled oats
- 1/4 cup Almond slices
- 1/4 cup Roasted Pistachios
- 1/4 cup Dried cranberries
- 1 tsp Ground ginger
- 1 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Ground cloves
- 4 tbsp Dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Coconut oil
- 1/4 cup Honey
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients in another bowl.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Transfer the mixture in a baking tray and spread evenly.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until granola is slightly browned.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a few weeks.