Garnished with heaps of feta cheese, Greek Salad is an absolutely traditional Mediterranian meal. It has the freshness of tomatoes, kalamata olives, romaine lettuce et al! Most importantly, it is ready to serve in minutes. So, here’s how to make the best and authentic version of Greek salad Recipe.
With days getting really warm, I rely more and more on light and refreshing salads for my meals. Not only are these salads really quick and easy to make, the burst of fresh and crisp flavors that comes from the raw veggies and salad dressing is a welcome change from the regular cooked food that we usually eat. To make my salads more interesting, I keep on looking out for new recipes and this Greek salad is one of the many salad recipes that I love to whip up. With just a few ingredients required to make this salad, it is one of my favorite. Since this salad requires only a few ingredients, it is very important to use the freshest and best of ingredients so that each of them adds up to the taste of the dish.
Crafted from fresh veggies such as lettuce, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, kalamata olives, feta cheese et al, these Greek salad Ingredients further get a nice toss in the mixture of olive oil, red wine vinegar, freshly ground pepper, dried oregano, and salt. These days, lettuce, cherry tomatoes, olives being available in every nook and corner of various cities, hence, preparing Greek salad is not rocket science!
How to serve this refreshing salad?
Crunchy and juicy to the core, Greek salad could be eaten as a breakfast or when you are craving for a light yet filling dinner. Furthermore, you may also serve it with greek yoghurt or simply season with salt and pepper, lemon juice and you are done!
So, bookmark this easy recipe in your gadget and quickly make a large bowl of this delicious salad whenever you crave for something fresh and healthy!
- Lettuce - 2 cups (Torn into small pieces)
- Cherry tomatoes - 10-12 (cut into halves)
- Cucumber - 1/2 cup (cut into small pieces)
- Kalamata Olives - 10-12 (Pitted and halved)
- Feta cheese - 100 g (Crumbled)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil - 2 tbsp
- Red Wine Vinegar - 2 tbsp
- Freshly ground Black Pepper Corn - 1/4 tsp
- Dried Oregano - 1/4 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Mix lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, olives and feta cheese in a bowl.
- In another bowl, mix olive oil, red wine vinegar, black pepper, oregano and salt.
- Pour the dressing over the veggies once ready to serve.
- Give the salad a gentle mix.
- Serve immediately.